17

Chapter Seventeen | Homecoming King

Elena had nice hair. Long, shiny, and perfect. She used to have waist length Rapunzel locks, but after our junior year, she chopped it to a sensible shoulder length. Her natural hair color was a dark brown that she inherited from her father, but once she entered middle school she dyed it a dirty blonde and hasn't changed it since. It suited her.

"It's so hard picking applicants to join the homecoming committee because everyone that applied seems like such a great fit." Elena whines, as she continued to shuffle through the many applications spread out on my bed. I only hummed in reply as I continued to run my fingers through her hair.

"How many people do you need?" I asked.

"Around like sixteen so that way I can have four groups of four and it'll be easier to get everything done."

Ever since I've known Elena she's been very coordinated with everything she does. She's a girl that likes order and it's very evident upon meeting her. The first few weeks of us dating she used to correct my posture, clothing and speech. It wasn't bothersome, but it was strange having a girl straighten out my back whenever we'd take seat at a table. She's the epitome of class and elegance so I didn't expect nothing less from her.

Elena dramatically collapses on the applications and bury her face in my bed sheets letting out a low groan.

"Don't think about it too much. You still have a lot of time left before homecoming so you'll be fine, don't stress." I tried to console, my fingers still strumming through her hair.

She looks up at me with her lights eyes and sighed. "I'll just have to schedule another meeting and get the others opinions on who they feel we should pick. We are a group at the end of the day."

I chuckled to myself. "Aries is literally just going to pick whoever he feels is the least annoying." I told, already imagining the boy just picking anybody.

"Aries is hilarious." Elena adds and I nod, my head becoming filled with the thought of the rowdy guy.

"Armon has been telling me that you two have been spending quite a bit of time together," Elena face shifted into a raised brow look a she lifted herself up."What's that all about?" She asked.