Chapter 14: The Ranking Part 3

I walked away from her. Sabrina followed. after we got farther away I stopped and look at my wrist. It was definitely broken. She was strong. Sabrina saw and gasped.

"That's definitely going to be a handicap during the Ranking."

"Let me see Celia. Maybe I could fix it."

"And risk you using up your mana? No way. I'll just get on of the teachers to do it."

"Won't you get in trouble?"

"No, and as for the vampire, I'll deal with her later."

My arm hung limply. When I tried to lift it, it hurt. So I can feel the pain afterwards. Not as bad as I though but still painful.

"Didn't you feel her breaking it?"

"Not really."

"Wow. Lilith must be super powerful."

"You could say that."

The training room had about 50 hunters in our grade. The Ranking was public, everyone could see. Not that many. I saw the rankers enter the training room so I rushed up to one of them. Everyone stared at me and it became quiet. I saw the headmistress was on of the rankers so I called her name.

"Hey! Headmistress Evergood!" She turned and gave me a deathly stare. She's really done it now, muttered a random girl.

"What is it? We are about to begin." I held up my broken arm. Her eyes widened.

"Who did this to you?"

"No need to worry about the culprit. Just fix it up and I'll go." The rest of the rankers has stopped and were staring at me.

"Does it not hurt?"

"Not really. It'll just be in the way if I have to test like this."

She grabbed my arm and squeezed.

"Did I not say it was broken? And ouch."

"Some powerful hunter did this."

"You're telling me."

"I can fix it up. Only because you can't use up your mana correct?"

"Yes, otherwise I would have done it myself."

"Fine..." she began to cast a Mend spell. It took her around 30 seconds. My arm was back to its normal color and I could move it just fine. I bowed "Thank you headmistress Evergood."

"You might want to check up on your familiar. To see if she's okay."

"Why?"

"She can feel your pain. Only physical pain so don't get too worried." She winked. What was that supposed to mean?

"Ah. Well, I'm sure she's fine, if it didn't hurt me then I doubt it would have hurt her." I wave as she resumes her walking to the podium. As I'm walking back to Sabrina I hear some whispers, but I ignore them. Sabrina beams at me and whispers "That was so cool! I can't believe she actually healed you."

"Well, I've known her since I was a toddler."

"Really? Is she nice?" Typical of Sabrina to not see that as an advantage.

"Yes. She trained me, as well as many of the other rankers up there."

They had already started calling names so I go two chairs from the back. Everyone stared. What? Didn't they know they could get one too? I wasn't going until after at least 10 of them so I could afford to sit around. One girl only lasted a couple seconds on the Agility course before she fell. The other one took almost an hour to get through the agility course. I saw all of them struggle with the Strength test. I knew that Elizabeth wouldn't struggle at all with the strength test (she's part vampire so they have immense strength), I couldn't say the same for me.