Chapter 32: Complete

I woke up with a call from the home phone. I wasn't even fully awake yet, I'm sure they would call back. Or not. I breathed sharply and I suddenly realized where I was.

I was back in bed, my head on Lilith's chest, her hands wrapped around my head and neck, mine on her waist. When did I? Did she carry me back? I tried to get up to answer the phone but Lilith's grip would not let me go.

"Lilith! I need to answer the phone!" I said.

She didn't stir.

I sighed in exasperation and willed the phone to me with some simple magic.

"Hello?" I said. Lilith finally began to wake up.

"Who is it?" She whispered.

"The Academy." I said.

She kissed my cheek and leaned her head on my shoulder. Her hands began to move to my waist.

"Evergood?" I asked.

"Celia?" She said

"What is it?" I said, eager to get back into bed.

"Have you seen the Wendigo yet?"

I sighed in exasperation "Yes, we have. It has a permanent form, it's eaten a lot."

"Well yes, instead of killing it..." she began, "we want you to capture it."

What? Capture...a Wendigo?

"You must be insane." I said.

"I'm actually quite sane."

"There's too high of a risk. You'll be putting Lilith's life in danger."

She kissed my neck and I gasped. Lilith chuckled a little.

"Celia? Are you okay?" Evergood asked.

"I'm fine." I said, trying to push Lilith off me to no avail. She was really trying to make my life miserable.

"We'll give you an extension on it if you wish." She said.

"No! It's fine, we can do it in two weeks." I said.

Lilith rose up and took the phone from me.

"Hello Evergood." Lilith said as she put it on speaker phone.

"Ah Lilith! How's your stay been?" She kissed my ear.

"It's been..." She ran her thumb along my lips. "eventful. We never dreamed to find the Wendigo on the first day of our stay."

"As I've told your familiar, we want you to capture it instead of kill it."

"May I ask why?" Lilith said.

"We are running some tests to see if perhaps we can reverse this sickness." She explained, but Lilith wasn't really listening.

"If you wish for us to capture the Wendigo, it shall be done." Lilith said.

"If it's too difficult for you, please just kill it. We don't need you two losing your lives."

Lilith smiled "Nothing is ever too hard for us Evergood. See you when we get back."

She ran her lips through my neck. She was too tempting. I gripped the bedsheets. I sighed in pleasure.

She hung up and threw the phone on the bed. She kissed my lips. It was a short, sweet peck, but it still sent heats of longing through me.

"Good morning." I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"Good morning Celia." She hugged me and happiness exploded within me.