-1-

Quinn's pov:

I was sitting on the shore, singing softly to myself about my loss and pain, daring to believe in the stupidity of sending a bottle at sea with a message to make it come true, having tried everything else already. (this will not make sense if you aren't listening to the music)

When I was twenty one I had lost my love, my mate, my everything and not long ago I had hit my 121st year of age...... One hundred..... One hundred years since then and I can be still found crying her death on the day she left me.

She was named Bea and was sided with the greatest evil ever seen because of a gift that was a curse.

I gripped the necklace I wore, I had given it to her but now I wore it.

Since that day I haven't truly smiled, smirks when forced yeah but never a smile, now I feel the pain mom did but she only did for twenty-five while it has been one hundred years since I lost her

'Do not mourn my passing.'

I sighed, this became a problem, you see this isn't Bea, you know how my people, blood wolves, have a second consciousness? And remember how that evolved into wolves for the werewolves? Well the pain of loosing her and the promise that she'd always be by my side gave a voice and somewhat a mind of its own to my second consciousness and now it looked, sounded, behaved, spoke and did all it did before but with Bea's voice and image, I would hallucinate seeing her when nothing was there, mom said it was rare but she had seen something similar once in her long life so I knew I wasn't going insane.

But the guilt of killing her ate away at me and hearing her voice as my sort of primitive wolf in my mind didn't help, I had learned to lock up my emotions long ago and would only cry when the day of her death came around.

My black hair that was once shoulder length was now boyish short, my red eyes always dull, I wore simple white sport shoes with blue jeans and a white T-shirt.

I worked like a messenger between packs so I was often on the move but if I wasn't I was either on the cliff from which we fell off to her death or on the shore by the water, the shock was so strong her body broke...... And then like melted away like sand in water so now I sit by the water or on the cliff at those are the two closest places to her.

'Someone is coming.' Said Bea's voice that haunted me.

I turned around and stood up, it was mom, she hadn't changed, no one really did other then the twins growing up, me changing Derek into a subspecies of blood wolves with Carly against my mom's will to never do anything like that to mortals, believe it or not Carly was my greatest comfort after Bea's death.

"Hello sweetheart."

"Hi mom, what do I have to deliver now?"

"Just this letter to the sky-stone pack."

"I'll be back at noon, maybe."

"Be careful."

"I always am."

"I know I know."

I sighed and zipped home, picking up my thin black zip up hoodie and put it on before zipping off towards the pack.

I arrived soon enough and was already turning back to get home and head to the cliff.

'You should stop mourning me my love, I do not wish for you to lose your life away.'

I didn't answer the voice, it hurt because the voice had everything of her, even her personality, everything, you think it would help with my pain but it didn't..... It didn't....

I stopped running when I heard a noise and looked around for danger before walking towards the sound.

"What the--" I muttered, it was a bloody mess.

There was a picnic basket with food all over it with the corpses of a woman and a man, from the smell it was a bear attack.... But the couple are supernatural beings..... Female vampire, male wolf..... Ah yeah alcohol, they were really drunk when attacked, okay I get it now.

I approached the car parked further as the sound was coming from there and looked in the window.

My broken heart clenched at the sight of a crying baby inside the car and tried opening the door, pulling on the handle, I don't know why I suddenly feared for the baby's life so much, it survived this long.

I tried opening all the door before finally smashing it the furthest window from the baby, the window on the drivers side and unlocked the door, climbing in and pulling the wrapped up baby in my arms.

"Ssh ssh don't cry ssh I'm here ssh lets get you out of this car." I whispered, holding them carefully in my arms and rocking them, how long have they been locked inside this car?!?! Lucky they are a hybrid or a normal human baby would be dead it is so hot in here.

I smiled softly when the baby started sleeping soundlessly when finally out in the cooler air.

'You smiled.'

My smile was instantly gone replaced by my neutral look with was more or less almost a complete resting bitch face I got from my mom, thanks I guess.

Looking around I was lucky enough to find a picture of the baby in the man's torn wallet, turning it over there was something written there 'Our sweetheart Elizabeth.' and a birthday, I pocketed the picture and looked at the baby girl, holding her in my two arms and walking normally towards 'The Reserve', not wanting to wake her...... I knew for a fact no one in the sky stone pack would care for her as they are a pack that would NEVER accept a hybrid not even if the father was a member of their pack, they might even be happy I took her.

"Well hello Elizabeth, you are a cutie aren't you?" I whispered to her as I looked down at her before looking back in front of me.

I had left to deliver a letter and will come home with something or someone I didn't know would turn my world upside down.