Ch.11 Cabin Kiss

******

We've been in the car for about 45 minutes.

"Where are we going?" I ask for the millionth time. Sage sighs and says also for the millionth time, "I'm not telling you. But we are almost there." I look out the window. All there is, is farm land for miles.

"We are in the middle of no where. Where could we possibly be going? And where even are we?" I ask.

"We are in Pennsylvania. And you'll see."

"What? Are we going to a farm?"

"Not exactly."

"Ugh, just tell me. I hate surprises. I like to know things." I say.

"I can tell. Hey, look at that we're here." He says. I look around. We pulled into a dirt driveway. Up ahead is a cabin that overlooks a lake. It's really beautiful.

"Oh wow. It's beautiful." I say.

The way the sun dances across the water. The way the trees sway with the wind. The wild flowers scattered all around. It's breathtaking.

I get out of the car. Sage meets me at the front of it. I just stand there for a bit. Everything is so peaceful. It's quiet but loud at the same time.

The rushing water from little streams in the woods, the birds chirping happy tunes. The air is so clean here. For once I feel completely at peace. I forget about my father, about my life. I'm just here. Sage takes my hand.

"Come on. You'll love the inside of the cabin." He says and leads me to the door. We walk up a stone path to the door.

When we walk inside I see a beautiful living area that has nice couches and a huge fireplace. There's a kitchen off of that room. But what catches my eye is the huge windows that line the one wall. They lead out to a huge deck that overlooks the lake. There are rocking chairs and a hammock on it. If you look to your left of the living area there are stairs. I assume there are rooms up there.

"It's so beautiful here. Who's is it?" I ask.

"It was my grandmothers. But a few years ago she lost the battle with cancer. She left it to me. So I guess, it's mine." I can hear the still raw hurt as he says that, "I've never brought anyone here. My mom doesn't even know this place exists. It was my grandma's happy place. She came here a lot when she was diagnosed. She only told me about it. She brought me here a few times. But your the first person I've brought here." I turn around and I crush him in a hug.

I can't believe I'm the first person he's told this to and the first person he's brought here.

"So, wanna go for a walk? I made a trail in the woods a bit ago. It should still be there." He says.

"Yes, that sounds great. Thank you for bringing me here. It's really peaceful." I say.

"Yeah, it is. Too bad we can't stay here tonight." He says sadly.

We walk out the front door and he leads me around the cabin to the woods. As we walk and I have my hand in his and I feel the wind playing with my hair,

I can breathe.

I feel free.

I never want to leave.

"I don't want to leave." I say.

"I know," He says, "Don't worry we'll be back soon." He squeezes my hand and smiles at me.

"Want to go for a swim?" He asks.

"I didn't bring a bathing suit." I say.

"Don't worry, I got one from Marie for you." He says.