Ch.57 News

It's been over a year.

It's been over a year since I was freed, over a year since I left Sage, and it's been roughly 8 months since I graduated high school.

I'm 19. Life is so crazy. I think about it all the time. I think about Marie and Val and wonder how they're doing. I even think about Sage. A lot.

I'm still in touch with Val and Marie but we live in different states and go to different colleges. I'm in college for psychology. I want to understand people like my father.

I currently am living and going to school in Virginia. I live in an apartment off campus thanks to my little job. I've been working at a nursing home and it pays surprisingly well. Mom did help me with the cost a little and she's pitching in for rent, but I did it mostly by myself.

I also started going to therapy. It's helped a ton. I've worked past so many things and come to terms with what's happened to me. I feel great. I'm doing great.

Right now I'm cooking spaghetti for dinner, in my own apartment! I never thought this would be my life.

My apartment is a nice size, it's open concept. There's a kitchen off to the right side of the door with an island that I put stools at to use as a table, I have limited space to work with.

Then I have a little couch with a tv across from it, and my bed is pushed against the far wall. There's a huge window to the right of my bed that the couch is by and it really opens the place up. There's a bathroom basically off the kitchen.

I fell in love with this place the second I stepped in. Christian helped me find this place. He's been a big help during this whole thing. He's the EMT who helped me the night I escaped my father. After everything went down we stayed in touch and started hanging out more.

I wouldn't say we're dating, but we've talked about it. I just don't know how much I want to jump into a relationship, I still feel like I have unresolved feelings for Sage.

Christian is suppose to be coming over tonight. I'm rushing to get dinner at least close to done so I can change. The pasta is done so I drain it and then combine it with my homemade tomato sauce and put a lid on the pan and put the temperature in the stove on low.

I hurry over to my armoire and take out my red dress. It laced up in the back and has lace trim. It stops high on my thighs and has thin straps. It's my favorite dress. With going to therapy, came me becoming more confident in my body and battle scars.

I brush out my hair and pop in some small hoops before spritzing some perfume on my neck and wrists. Right as I finish that, there's a knock on my door. He's here.

I pad over to my door and pull it open. Christian is standing there smiling and my smile mirrors his.

"Hey, you look great." He says, his eyes sweeping down my body. I blush and look him over.

"You too." I say. He's wearing dark pants and a white button up shirt. He really does look great. His blonde curly hair is pushed away from his face and his brown eyes are bright. "Come in." I motion, opening the door more. He steps in and wraps his arms around me. I sink into him and burry my fave into his neck.

"I missed you." He says. He moved down here with me. I told him not to follow me but he said it wasn't a problem. He works not far from here and he got a small apartment a few blocks away. Mom still lives in New York but we visit each other often.

"I missed you too. So much." I whisper. He releases me and we plate our food and sit down at the island. We banter while we eat and as usual, he makes me laugh until I can't feel my stomach or my cheeks.

"You've been good?" He asks. I meet his eyes and scrunch my eyebrows.

"Why wouldn't I be?" My laughter and smile are fading away now. He forces out a laugh that isn't full of humor and looks away from me. He meets my eyes again.

"Your mom called me." He says. I pick up our plates and clean them off before I take his hand and lead him to my couch. This conversation is about to be serious. It always is when she calls him and not me first. She doesn't want me going back to that bad place.

When I first got away from my father that day about a year ago I dabbled in drugs. It was stupid but I was in such a bad place. So now when there's anything serious, she goes to my main support first, then she comes to me.

We both sit down and I stare at him, waiting for him to start. He takes my hands and looks me in my eyes.

"I have a question before I tell you." He says. I nod, squeezing his hands. "Do you feel the same way I feel about you?" His question catches me off guard.

"How do you feel about me?" I ask. I think I know. I know that I know. But I ask anyway. He looks at our hands and looks back up at me.

Christian is the sweetest man I have ever met. He's only three years older than me. He cares about me, he always checks up on me, and he's gentle. He's so, so amazing. I feel this pull to him. This magnetic force that's pulling me towards him.

"Eden, I love you. And it's okay if you don't feel the same. I just needed you to know because it's been eating at me." He says. My heart swells and I can hear it beating in my ears. He's about to say more but I crash my lips into his before he can say anything. That's all I needed to hear and I think he knows it.

His hand moves to the back of my head, his other hand resting on my lower back. I push myself closer to him and he does too. After a while, I pull away, out of breath. He pulls away and his muscles move in his shirt.

"Why'd my mom call you?" I ask once we're both composed. He nods and pushes his hair back before answering.

"Sage got arrested." He says quickly. He avoids eye contact and my heart stops. My world stops.

Feelings.

Everything's confused, my brain is confused. My heart is confused and pounding. I can't breathe. I can't feel the air going down my throat. I can't feel air filling up my lungs.

I stand up and Christian stands with me. I pace back and forth and he just watches me.

"For what? What did he get arrested for?" I ask in shock. My mouth is permanently stuck open, my eyes wide.

"Something with the FBI investigating his gang or he killed someone or someone killed someone- I don't really know." He says staring at me. What do I do?

Do I do anything? Can I do anything?

I stop pacing and look around for my phone. Once I find it, I dial Marie's number. This can't be real. They were always so careful. He always ensured me he'd never get caught.

It's at this point that I'm so fucking glad I left. I'm so glad I got out of that.

The phone stops ringing.

"Hello?" Marie says and I feel my stomach lurch. I can't get myself back into this but I need to know. I need to know what's happening.

******

A/N

THANK YOU FOR 4K READS!!!!!

I love you all so much you don't understand!!!

So this chapter is CRAZY

who do you like more? Who do you want Eden to end up with?

Team Sage?

Team Christian?

Team Eden?

I love you all thank you for your endless support!

Don't forget to vote!

xoxo- Jillian Elizabeth 😘😘