Ch.27 Old Friends

******

I got to the hotel late that night and fell asleep right when I got in the bed. Driving really exhausts you. I wake up early in the morning thanks to my alarm. I hate the sound my alarm makes, but at least it gets me up.

I drag myself to the bathroom where I take a shower and wash my face. I get dressed in leggings. I forgot that I put Sage's shirt in my bag. I take it out. It smells like him. I put on the shirt. I go over to my bag and put it on the bed. I start to pack up my things again.

My bags are all packed and I'm ready to go so I leave the room and head towards the lobby. I don't want to drive more but I should get to the house late tonight.

The lady at the front desk smiles at me as I walk over.

"Did you enjoy your stay?" She asks, her voice sickly sweet.

"Yes, thank you." I say giving her my best fake smile. I hand over the credit card and key card and she takes them. I wait for a bit while she does things on the computer. I look out the front door and it looks like such a nice day. I wish I didn't have to drive. I wish I could enjoy the sun and warmth. I got into North Carolina yesterday and it's super warm.

"Alright Ms. Martin, have a great day!" The lady says. She hands the credit card back and I give her a small smile and nod.

"You too." I mumble as I grab my things and leave. I walk over to the car and throw my backpack and duffle into the trunk. I get into the drivers seat and start the car. I do my usual routine of putting the address into my phone and checking under the seat to make sure the gun is still there.

I back out of the parking spot when I see that everything is as it should be. I turn on the radio and listen to the same 10 songs they have on repeat. I fucking hate the radio. I wish I had an aux cord, then I could really have some fun.

I decide to stop at a little store. I get out of the car and walk into the store. It's completely empty. No one is here except for an old lady and the person working the register. I find the electronics area and find what I need.

"Orchid?" Someone says. Are they talking to me? I turn around but don't see anyone.

Jesus save me, I'm going insane.

"Eden?" They say again and this time they tap my left shoulder. I snap my head around and I'm looking right into very familiar golden-brown eyes.

"Axel?" I throw my arms around him. He has changed a lot. He's much taller now, way taller than me. His hair is lighter than it was when we were younger, and he has a very muscular body.

"What are you doing here beautiful?" He asks. Gosh I've missed him.

"I'm here because I heard about Rose. What are you doing so far up north?" I ask him.

"Um, just had to make a delivery up here." He says.

"So you're still caught up in all that." I say. His face turns sad.

"Yeah, I am. But I promise Ed, I'm being more careful." He says holding my hands.

"I still don't like it." I say.

"I know you don't. I'm just glad you haven't forgotten me." He says smirking.

"How could I? You were my first crush." I say.

"So, where are you going? Hotel? Hospital?" He asks changing the topic. I wonder why?

"Rodney gave me this address. I guess it's one of his friends houses?" I say.

"Yeah, it is. I actually live with them. They're nice guys." He says. "Hey, let me drive with you back there, I came up here with another guy, he can take the car back down."