Ch.34 Old Man

******

I wake up at 6:30.

Why can I never sleep in?

Sage is obviously still asleep. But I don't want to have to wait forever so I reach my hand up and run it through his hair. He moves his head and then opens his eyes slowly.

"Good morning?" He whispers. "What time is it?"

"6:30." I say and he lets out a sigh. "Happy birthday." I say poking his chest. "You're 18! You old man!" I say.

He grabs me and turns so that he's laying on top of me, his weight on his forearms. He brings his head down and kisses me. I put my hands in his hair.

I pull away and wiggle my finger in front of him.

"Let's go make breakfast." I say.

"This early?" He asks. I nod. "Okay." He gets up and puts pants on. I walk out of his room and quietly walk into mine. My mom is sleeping soundly on the bed. I sneak over to the dresser and get some shorts before sliding them on.

I walk into the kitchen and find Sage already getting things out for breakfast.

"What do you want?" Sage asks. I walk over and shake my head.

"It's your birthday you aren't cooking by yourself." I say. "I'll help. And what do you want birthday boy." He smirks and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Hmmmm. I don't know." He says as he kisses my head.

"I can make really good crepes? Or pancakes? It's basically the same recipe so they're easy to make." I say.

"I think we should go with pancakes." He says. I nod and go around their kitchen getting the ingredients out.

"They might not be as good as anything your mom could make but they're still good." I assure him.

"Eden, I'm sure it'll be great." He says as he kisses my cheek and starts helping to make the batter.

***

We finish the pancakes after a half hour and we sit at the table to eat.

The kitchen is a mess.

There's flour everywhere because of course we had to throw it at each other.

"How are they?" I ask while putting syrup on mine.

"They're great, Eden." He says.

"Well, you did most of the cooking, I would've burnt them." I say.

"You did burn a lot." He says while laughing.

"I know, so I'm not a great baker or chef, but it's the thought that counts." I say smiling.

We eat the rest of the pancakes and I am stuffed.

I hear the sound of Marie and Val running down the stairs.

"You didn't make breakfast for us, again?" Marie says. I giggle at them and Sage rolls his eyes.

"Sorry, I just made enough for me and my love." Sage says. My face flushes.

"Ugh you two are cute but you could've made us some." Marie says.

"It's fine." Val says and she drags Marie out of the kitchen.