Ch.28 Gone

A/N This chapter mentions and has scenes of self harm. If you are sensitive to that please read with caution. If you struggle with it or need to talk to someone, please message me! I'm always here for y'all!

******

A few minutes after I walk back in the room after calling Sage, Axel comes over to me.

"Who were you on the phone with?" He asks.

"Sage." I say.

"Why?"

"Um, maybe because he's my boyfriend." I say.

"I'm sorry. It's just that we just got you back." He says.

"I know." I say. I take Rose's hand and sit down in a chair that I pulled up to her side. I'm not leaving her side.

We all talk and catch up considering I've been gone for a few years. I even get to meet Louis and Jack's girlfriends.

"So, Orchid, what have you been up to?" Rodney asks.

"Well, I actually have been getting back into fighting." I say.

"Good." Rodney says. "It's a good outlet for you." I nod. A very good outlet. Imagining I'm beating up my father is great.

"Are you still absolutely badass?" Jack asks.

"I guess you'll have to find out." I say. I earn a chuckle from Rodney.

"Are you challenging me?" Jack asks.

"Oh yeah I am." I say.

"When?" He asks smiling.

"Soon. Before I leave." I say. That seems to dampen the happy mood. Everyone goes quiet. It stays like that for a few minutes.

"Do you think she's going to wake up soon?" I ask looking back at Rose. Rodney shrugs.

"She sleeps a lot lately. I guess chemo tires her out." He says sadly kissing her hand.

"So, your boyfriend, his name is Sage?" Louis says.

"Yeah." I say.

"Is he nice?" Louis asks.

"No, better question, is he good to you?" Rodney asks. I don't hesitate for a second. I don't even have to think about the answer.

"Yes." I say. Rodney smiles.

"How long have you two been together?" Rodney asks.

"A few months I think." I say.

"And you're living with him?" He says. I nod.

"You're living with him?" Axel asks angrily. I turn around to see his fists balled up, his body tensed, and his jaw clenched.

"I am living with him. But I'm also really good friends with his sister." I say. turning around and ignoring Axel's outburst.

"Is he older than you?" Rodney asks.

"By a year and a day." I say.

"And you're happy?"

"I am. Very happy." I say.

"Then I don't see anything wrong with the relationship, Axel." Rodney says looking at him. Rodney is wise way beyond his years. That gets Axel to be quiet. He sits down in the corner of the room and keeps his head down while playing with his hands.

A few minutes pass of everyone talking and I feel Rose start to stir. I look at her and Rodney does the same.

"She's waking up." Rodney says.