Ch.47 Engaged

******

I can't believe it. I can't believe I'm engaged to Sage. He's what has kept me alive, what's kept me going. He saved me, I love him. And I can't believe we're engaged. Yeah, we're young, but I love him and we were already practically engaged.

Sage is still sleeping and has his arms firmly wrapped around my waist with his head rested on my chest. I run my fingers through his hair and he sighs contently. I watch as Sage's back rises and falls as he breathes. My ring sparkles in the sunlight. It's not too extravagant of a ring which I'm happy about. It's a simple, small diamond and the band has diamonds on it. It's very simple and I like that about it. Honestly, had he not gotten me a ring, I still would've said yes a thousand times over. The ring isn't important to me, it's material. What matters is Sage, and how much I love him.

He shifts on top of me and wakes up. I smile down at him and move my hands to his face. "I swear, I fall in love more with you everyday." He says before kissing me. He pulls away and rests his head back on my chest. I plant my fingers in his hair again and he smiles.

"I'm so happy I found you." I say smiling. I think I'll be smiling forever. He lifts his head up and drags me down further. He's hovering above me, with a glint in his eyes. I put my hands on either side of his face.

"You don't know how happy I am to have met you. You're the most beautiful human, both soul and looks." He says smiling a big toothy smile. I mirror his smile. He leans down and kisses me and pulls the blankets over our heads. I hear my door open and I hear Daisy collar jingle. I push Sage off of me and he grunts.

"Hi Daisy girl!" I say allowing her to jump up onto my bed. She tackles me and licks my face before growling at Sage. "It's just Sage, Daisy." I pat her head and she calms down. She's very protective of me. And maybe it's because she saw us yelling that one night. But she's a dog, so maybe not.

"Hi Daisy." Sage says. She plops down at the foot of my bed and Sage pulls me under him again.

"Daisy's right there." I say motioning with my hands.

"I really don't think she'll mind." Sage says.

"No, but I do." I hear mom say. Sage rolls off of me and I bury my face in blankets, hiding my blush.

"Sorry Ms. Bennett." Sage says.

"It's fine, sort of." She says. "Now, let me see that ring of yours!" She hurries over to the bed and sits down on the edge by me. I stick out my hand and she smiles. Her skin crinkles at her eyes. She's not old but I can tell cancer is wearing on her. I don't know how she's doing though. She won't tell me. Any time I bring it up she shrugs, says she's fine, and changes the subject.

"By the way, I'm going to get you on birth control." Mom says pointedly as she walks out. I get uncomfortable talking about this with someone other than Sage. I get uncomfortable talking about this at all. Sage tenses and I cover my face with my blankets. "We can go to the doctor today." Daisy leaves with her and she closes my door. Sage chuckles a little and hit his arm.

"Not funny." I say.

"Maybe its a good idea you're on it." Sage says shrugging and getting up. "I mean, I want kids but I think we're a little young. I would've loved our son with my whole heart but after that scare I don't think I could risk that so soon. I think we should definitely wait until we're older." He says stretching. I watch as the muscles in his back ripple as he moves. I snap myself out of it.

"Agreed." I say simply. I get up too and get changed. I don't know when mom wants us to go, but I should be ready for whenever. I walk out of my room hand in hand with Sage and I smell delicious breakfast. I see Sage's mom standing in the kitchen.