1

The room was dark. Hundreds of bodies were dancing against one another as the music got louder. Drinks occupied the hands of every guest as they went to get more once the cup was empty. I abandoned my group of friends and hazily made my way through the crowd as I felt someone grab my hand. Startled, I turned to an unfamiliar face and quickly yanked it away and ran towards an empty room. I locked the door and lay on the bed, my feet were throbbing from the heels I had worn all night. I blinked very slowly as I began to doze off. 

I heard a knock on the door and quickly jumped out of the bed, grabbing my heels. I sped out of the room out in the parking lot and checked the time. 4:05 am.

I quickly looked for my car and sighed in relief when I saw it was still there, unharmed and unscratched. I drove back just in time to shower and get ready for the first day of school- my first day of school at least.

I brushed my hair and put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black and white striped t shirt with converse. I put on some mascara and concealer so I looked less hungover and grabbed my backpack (which I had literally prepared 5 minutes before I was about to leave) and headed out. 

I went to the counselor's office to pick up my schedule. She was a kind, petite lady with blonde highlights and her office smelled like apple pie. "You must be Vivienne Parker! I have your schedule right here for you. Please, if you ever need anything do not hesitate to ask. Do these classes work for you? Do you want to change anything?" 

"No, everything is fine thank you." I grabbed the schedule from her and waved good bye. I still couldn't believe I was physically in school, about to be an official high school student who does high school student things with her high school student friends. I observed my schedule- my first class was Chemistry. 

I walked through the hallway as everyone stopped, stared and pointed at me, whispering to each other. I tried to act as if I didn't see them, but it didn't work. I tried to pace as quick as possible before any of them came towards me.

The classroom was larger than I had expected and each desk had two chairs with some lab equipment placed on top of them. It was empty, so I grabbed the back table before anyone else did. 

The bell rang.

More students entered the room-some in groups while others were alone. I looked out towards the window, getting lost in the sculpted bush nearby.

"Excuse me, but this is my- oh my god it's really you! It's totally fine I'll find somewhere else to sit. I-I'm so sorry!" She changed her mind as soon as I turned to look at her. I watched her skip around the classroom trying to find another seat while still attempting to glance over at me. 

The last person to walk in was a tall, dark-haired boy with the brightest blue eyes. I watched him pace his way towards me and sit in the seat next to mine. He was wearing a collared shirt with a yellow jacket over it. His style was different, and his eyes sparkled in the sunlight. 

"You must be new here." He greeted me. "I'm Otis. Chemistry tutor and fellow student." 

"I'm Vivienne. I'm a supermodel."