Chapter Eight

Nate POV

Few Days Earlier….

“Oh come on Nate! Lets go! Have fun!”

“Have fun? Have you forgotten why in the first place we have come all the way here?” I scolded Tom.

“I know Okay! But there’s no harm in having a little fun.”

This guy..is my best friend. We have known each other since we were in diapers, basically his dad is a close friend with mine and many things happened few years ago since that day Tom was appointed as a guard, in modern words my bodyguard.  Now you may be thinking why I have a bodyguard, that’s because I am some royalty.

And thats shit!

But when you have to shoulder a huge secret then its not at all good.

To find a solution to my problems I have come all the way to Canada just to find a girl. No
..not my mate but a witch. Only a witch can help me. A mate…I never want to find at all because my life is already fucked up.

“You again zoning out!” Tom said bringing me out of my thoughts.

Sigh!

“Nate you need to take a break plus we have to act like some petty teens and what do ‘normal’ teenagers do? They party, go to college, sleep with girls and other shits! We have to do that to look normal or do you want to draw attention on us?” blabbers Tom while giving me a knowing glare.

“Fine lets go! But this is the last time I am coming with you and that’s only because I want to stay in this town until we find her.”

To my reply Tom just gives me a salute!

“So where are we going?”I ask grabbing my car keys.

“Crashing party…of the Red Moon Pack” says Tom wriggling his eyebrows.

“Tom, this time you…” I start but Tom cuts me by saying...

“I know I wont hit on someone’s mate. Chill dude!”

I laugh, “Lets go then!”

“Yes! American girls here I come!” yells Tom in my ears.

Idiot! He just wants to have fun and mess up with girls.

We reach the pack and can already hear the bass blasting from the speakers. Since we are not humans we have super sensitive hearing and other senses. But we look and smell like humans because of a spell. Now you know why I am hunting down a witch I want to undo that spell which my mother had put on me to protect me and since Tom was my protector he is also under the spell. The witch who had casted that spell died along with my mother.

It was a spell for protection but as I am not a kid anymore. My wolf is day by day getting restless of being trapped. So am I.

Since many years my father and I are trying to find the daughter of the old witch. Only a person from the same family can undo my spell and turn me back to who I really am! And I’m not a human, just a different werewolf..okay I was just messing with your heads…I am a lycan and Tom a werewolf. I am a royal because I was born a lycan. I can feel my beast very rarely though.

As I enter the club. The sight is horrible. Humans and werewolves are all over the place. It reeks of sweat and alcohol. I turn back to Tom to say something and he is already busy hitting on a group of girls. I will just go get a drink!

I walk towards the bar area and I can already hear girls whispering about me, giggling and gossiping. Just stay the hell where you are and don’t come near me I silently pray. But suddenly I get whiff of a smell.

It smells like forest and lavender and roses. I’ve never smelt something like this ever. I can feel my wolf getting stirred up and that’s odd.

Ignoring all the stares I walk towards the smell and reach a corridor. I can hear two people or rather werewolves growling from a distance. Something is wrong. I can feel it.

I rush towards the voices to find a guy pinning a girl against the wall. By the looks of it I don’t think they are making out. But I can smell it clearly…the amazing smell...its strong…its that girl! Her hair is covering her face so I can't see who she is.

I walk towards them. As soon as I see her crying and the guy about to mark her, my wolf gets on high alert ready to surface out. But why?

All I can see is that girl. And all I can think right now is killing that asshole.

When the guy is about to scrap his teeth against her neck, in a flash I push him towards the other side. I can’t think properly and I don’t know why I am doing this but all I can think is killing this guy right now.

Someone calls me out tells me to stop. And I actually stop. My wolf backs down and stirs restlessly. The voice is beautiful. I turn towards that girl and then I see her. Beautiful. Soft brown waves of hair reaching down her waist and a beautiful face with brown eyes staring back right into me. I can feel power so she may be an alpha or a beta. I walk towards her it’s like she is pulling me towards her. My wolf is getting restless as I near her.

My wolf rarely talks to me and now he is here making my head go crazy. Its like this girl is messing up with my spell. Who is she?

“Are you hurt?” I ask not breaking eye contact with her. She doesn’t reply she just stares at me. I can see her shivering...is it because of cold or is it because of that bastard I don’t know so I just take off my jacket and wrap around her. My finger brush against her bare shoulders and I feel it. An electric shock like sensation spreading all in my blood. Surprised I look into her eyes and my wolf says “Our Mate”. No way…Mate? How? And Why now?

I see her eyelids drooping and she falls over me. I quickly hold her and I feel the soft skin and how she is perfect right in my arms. As I observe her I hear a door slamming and some people rushing over this direction. I can’t be seen now or else they will become suspicious of me.

It seems like its her friends as I can sense their worry. I gently lay her on the floor and quickly hide. Few people come towards her and a guy comes and picks her up. I can sense worry and anger.

No one can touch her. Yells my furious beast.

'Atlast you are talking to me after so many years. And Control yourself! Or else people will know who we are!' I shout back.

My wolf growls but calms down.

I need to find Tom and get out of here. And deal with my wolf surfacing out. Its responding only because we found our mate.
How am I supposed to even have a mate?
What should I do now?

-------------------------------------------

So what do you think about Nate?

Nate's POV will be continued in the next too....I am not a person to drag a story so secrets will be slowly revealed so stay tuned...and DO comment!