Chapter 39

{ O P H E L I A POV }

Three days! Since three damn days Nate is avoiding me. Did I do something wrong? The answer is definitely no since all I did was lock myself in library trying to forget about the cranky lycan.

You are over thinking. My wolf growls at me.

Pssh..please...don't side him. I reply to her and she huffs.

Let me tell you what happened in these three days, I haven't talked to him like I would see him when we were having meals then he goes to his office and gets locked up. He talks to me normally like Goodnight, good morning, I'll be in office, I've work but other than that he hasn't talked to me like a mate or even like a friend.

One day I was so irritated by this man whose mood changes more than a pregnant female, I thought I'll talk to him at night but guess what he didn't even come to bed. I wake up and he is never there but his scent lingers in room as though he comes when I'm deep asleep. Jerk!

I was feeling so lonely, though I have made some good friends like Dylan, Gloria, Tom and few workers here but I left my pack and friends to be with Nathaniel and here I am all alone sulking.

At one point of time I was so angry, I jumped out of bed early morning with messy hair still in my night clothes that is a Tshirt and my night cotton shorts, I barged into his office while he was doing his work, he didn't even lift his damn eyes to acknowledge me, he just sighed as if he was expecting me to barge in his office any minute. I stomped my way towards his desk standing with hands on my hips trying to intimidate him, he finally acknowledges me and when he takes in my attire his eyes narrowed. Before I could open my mouth he lectured me how it wasn't appropriate to roam around in my night dress. Like hell I will follow his stupid command! I wasn't wearing any sexy lacy lingeries and roaming around seducing people, I was just wearing a T shirt with my pyjama shorts with cute little cherries on it. Maybe he doesn't like cherries? Wait I don't even care what he likes. I had rolled my eyes at his every remark during his long speech and then left his office not before dropping a stack of files from his table discreetly and saying an oops.My bad! And leaving him to clean up the mess.

Next day I went again with my head held high and complained how I'm all alone in this mansion and I can't even step out in the city, he just shooed me off saying he has urgent rogue matters to deal. Scowling I again made a stack of files to fall on the floor not so discreetly this time, the papers flying here and there and still he didn't react. I shut the door with a loud bang and spend the rest of my day sulking in the library.

I don't know what really changed between us but it clearly changed after the kiss. I mean why? It's like we take one step forward, we are pushed back by ten steps.

To distract myself I thought I'll have a chat with Rosalie and I needed a friend so I went to her room and guess what she closed the door on my face saying she is very busy and her room is messy. What the hell! So after getting so many times rejected, dejected I spent my time helping the staff with decorations for the ball and reading books in library.

"I pity those flowers..." Someone snickers from behind me.

Wait! Flowers? I look down to see the petals scattered on the table and Dylan looking at me with a playful grin. Oh gosh I took out my frustration on these beautiful flowers, how cruel of me!

"A frown doesn't suit such a beautiful face..." He sighs and I frown even more.

"I'm bored..." I whine like a kid and he chuckles.

"I can see that...but wait I came here to tell you something.." he beams and I chuckle. This guy can make me smile anytime unlike someone. Gawd I should stop thinking about that jerk!