Chapter 11

Ophelia POV

"How dare that Idiot talk to you like that?" Yelled Jen pacing here and there in the washroom.

I was calming my wolf. She was angry and disappointed.

"I feel that it was all fake." I say voicing my thoughts.

"Why are you defending him, Lia. He is such a jerk!" She fumes.

I know I should be angry too but somewhere I feel he was lying. Maybe its the mate bond but I'm sure I saw hurt in his eyes when he was saying those awful comments. But why would he do that? Does he not feel any attraction towards me?

"Oh no!" Said Jen bringing me back to present.

"What happened?"

"Dan is coming here! What to do now?" She exclaimed increasing her pacing thing.

"What? How does he know where I am?" I asked confused.

Immediately after exiting the lunch room we had rushed here...the girls washroom.

"Uhm...he asked me through mind link and he freaking used his alpha tone so I answered him. He knows that something happened with you, Lizzie and Nate, everyone's talking about you three. He must have heard them."

"Oh God...what should we do now!" I huffed.

If he knows Nate talked to me like that he will go and beat him up and no matter how much I want to, my wolf doesn't want that..okay maybe I don't want my mate to get hurt.

"Are you gonna tell him that you found your mate?" Asks Jen. I looked at her blankly. When I was about to reply her... someone started banging on the door.

Daniel is here.

We slowly opened the door to see a fuming alpha looking at us. But as soon as he saw me his face softened. I think I still have red eyes and nose. Damn!

"Are you okay, Lia?" He asked.

Jen replied, "Yes she is..now lets talk outside and not in a washroom."

We walked outside the school towards the garden. It was quiet. Only Dan and I stood there. Jen ditched me midway saying she has something to do. So much for being a best friend. Traitor!

"So you want to talk about it?" He asked turning and looking at me.

"I just had a fight with Lizzie..the usual fight" I said avoiding his gaze.

There was no reply so I looked at Dan to see him frowning at me.

"You are not telling everything. And why were you talking with that new kid."

Should I tell him? No..I can't tell him Nate is my mate, when my mate himself is being a jerk.

"I just wanted to talk to him about some notes and Lizzie stepped in and pissed me off." I huffed folding my hands avoiding his eyes so that he doesn't sense I am lying.

"She is a bitch forget about her." He says while smiling at me.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked glaring at him.

"You are so cute when you are all angry." He laughed pinching my cheeks.

"Oww.." I glared at him and slapped his hand away before laughing along with him. I felt someone watching us so I looked around and found a beautiful grey pair of eyes looking at me. Nate was standing by a window looking down at us and his expression unreadable. His eyes met mine, he glared at me before walking inside.

Hell! I should be the one glaring at him. Jerk!

"Lets go to class." Said Dan dragging me towards the school.

It was so awkward watching Nate in my every class. I tried my best to ignore him and his barbie.

And few days passed like this. Coming to school was like a hell. They would giggle in the middle of the class or I could hear Lizzie whispering some dirty things to Nate and he would just chuckle. I want to kill these two. The whole time Nate ignored me even when he was sitting besides me. Sometimes when we had an eye contact he would just smirk and say something to anger me like..

"Why are you staring at me..go look for your boyfriend." Or "Damn Lizzie is so beautiful...and you look so normal" Hell! I didn't even ask him.

Urgh! I hate him! But I still feel attracted to him. The way he speaks and smirks...thats sexy! He looks so hot when he is looking at me..his greys eyes watching my every move..Urgh! This stupid Mate bond!

But yesterday I was beyond furious. We had some party in our pack and Lizzie brought him there. The elders didn't mind since he was a human that means no harm to the pack. But he is to me! The whole time he was there he just watched me like a predator not even breaking eye contact when he was kissing Lizzie during that dance. It broke me. I wanted those lips on mine but Damn him! He doesn't know how much I am breaking day by day to see him all over some other girl. Before I could burst into tears in front of everyone I ran and shifted into my wolf in the woods. My wolf was throbbing with pain. He has become so friendly with everyone not to mention all the were-wolves like him too. So when I feel annoyed and say something back to annoy him, all give me weird looks as though I am the one human. Only Tom his best friend talks to me always not Nate.

These days because of my sad mood Dan is becoming suspicious too. He keeps on asking what's wrong with me. And Jennifer says some excuse and saves me everytime.

"You should just date Dan and reject Nate." Said Jen bringing me back to present.

"What? Thats ridiculous. Dan will find his mate soon and Nate doesn't even know I am his destined one." I sighed picking on my food.

"Then tell Nate what he means to you maybe that will make him realize how much an asshole he is. And Dan is being so sweet and caring these days..." Whispers Jen.

"I don't know what to do..." I said looking around the cafeteria. I see Nate and Lizzie talking flirtatiously with each other at their table which is a little far away from mine.

"You know what..Maybe I should." I said to Jen and saw Nate stopping his conversation and looking at me suprised. Did he hear me? No he can't because we both are whispering and he is human! He then turned his attention towards his food and started playing with his fries. Lizzie got up and went towards the exit. Who cares!

"What do you mean?" Asked Jen suprised.

I started speaking while observing Nate. I felt as though he was listening our conversation. But how can that be? Lets test it then.

"I meant that Nate doesn't like me. He is already into Lizzie and he hates me. Why should I explain how much he means to me and force him to like me...and I have Dan who cares for me. So I am thinking of dating Dan."

As soon as I said this Nate got up with a loud screech of his chair, everyone's attention on him. He stormed out of the cafeteria with his hands clenched into fists. I didn't miss the glare he sent me when he was passing by me towards the door.

He definitely heard me!

Authors Note:

So how did you like this chapter?

Is Opehlia really going to reject her mate and date Daniel Woods?

Will she find out who Nate is or rather what he is?