Chapter 15

Ophelia POV

"I know who my mate is..." I say in a small voice.

He doesn't replies. Did he not hear what I just said? I look up at him and he looks beyond mad. He stops the car at the side of the road with a loud screech of the tires. Gets out and closes the door with a loud bang.

He definitely heard it loud and clear.

I slowly follow him.

"What do you mean by, you know who he is?"

If anyone would see him right now they would just go into cardiac arrest. He looks so scary.

"My mate is Nate Saunders"

"What? Are you serious?" He yells at me. "He came in this town two months ago and you didn't even bother to tell me."

"I'm sorry I should have said this earlier. I was confused I didn't know what to do?"

"You are hiding this from me from so many months!" He growls.

"I am really sorry, Dan!"

"But he is with Lizzie. How can that be? Are you sure he is the one?"

"Ofcourse I am, Dan. He was the one who saved me when Jake was going to mark me at the party. Then I couldn't find him. When you confessed to me that was the day I first saw him."

"What the fuck! He is your mate but he is fooling around with Lizzie. Who the hell does he thinks he is?" Yelled Dan.

"He is a human so he doesn't know he is my mate."

"Are you even hearing yourself? That guy is always making out with another girl and you are defending him. And don't side him by saying he is a human, It shouldn't matter if he is a human or not. You can't keep on getting hurt waiting for him to realize that you are the one, Lia!"

"I know that! It freaking hurts when I see him with Lizzie but I can't even tell him that he is mine, he would think I am crazy. He doesn't know anything about our world. I am trying to figure out a solution to this." I say with tears already pooling in my eyes.

"Isn't that simple?" Asks Dan.

"What?"

Simple? What is he trying to say? I turn to look at him and see his shiny blues eyes looking back at me. He comes forward and takes my hand and looks me in the eye.

"Ophelia, the only solution is to Reject him."

"I know that, I even thought of rejecting him but I can't bring myself to do it. Its not that easy!"

"You can, just forget about him, then the bond will eventually break off. You will not feel the attraction towards him anymore. He doesn't deserve you. Forget about him and become...mine." His hold on me tightening.

"Dan.. please..."

"Lia, I have liked you since the day you first came into Silverwoods Pack. All these years I have been in love with you. We can reject our mates and be together forever."

"I'm sorry Daniel...I..I have always liked you as a friend... not more than that. After my parents died I considered you and Jen as my family."

"You are just denying your feelings for me because of the mate bond. I will just kill that guy then everyone can be happy." He said with his eyes flashing between his wolf and his own.

His hands clenched into fists, he was ready to turn into his wolf and go and find Nate.

"No No no...you can't do that Daniel!" I yelled at him standing in front of him.

"He needs to die, Ophelia. If I kill him you won't even need to reject him. You can't cry because of him, you deserve to be loved. I can't see you hurt."

"He doesn't deserve to die because of me. If you hurt him I swear to moon goddess I will leave the pack." I said looking into his alpha eyes and tears rolling down my cheeks.

He looked at me with hurt in his eyes. I knew he loved me and I did too but as a family. I know its hurting him but he needs to know the truth. He is not that kind of person who just kills a person without any reason...he is doing this for me and thats wrong.

"Fine I won't kill him but you don't get to leave my pack." He said to me harshly.

I nodded, wiping my tears.

"Go home. I need to calm down my wolf." He barked before turning into wolf and running into the Forest.

I just stood there with my back against the car and soaking about everything that just happened. I felt so bad for hurting him like this. He did so much for me, took care of me all these years and I hurted his emotions.

I didn't want to go to pack house with my face puffy so I just stood there sobbing near the car in the middle of nowhere.

After a few minutes, as I was unlocking the car I heard rustling of leaves and twigs breaking from the forrest.

I moved forward facing the darkness of the forrest. There was no one. After a minute I again heard it, someone was there closer now. Is that Dan or some rogues?

"Daniel? Is that you?" I asked aloud.

No reply but still I could hear someone coming close. Its not Dan I guess. I was ready to turn into wolf if it was a rogue.

Then I felt it and the smell....

From the forrest I saw a pair of golden eyes looking at me. The smell of wood and musk and rain in the breeze.

Nate...

I stood there frozen with my heart pounding against my chest. He slowly walked towards me, this time I could clearly see those shiny golden eyes. This time there were no lights of the club or an illusion. A beautiful yet mysterious shiny golden eyes looking at me. He stood before me in his casual jeans and a black T-shirt.

It was pointless asking what he was doing here? No human will walk out from a forrest in the middle of night with those eyes. So I asked the only question which was important.

"What are you?"

A smirk made its way on his handsome perfect face. And after a few beats he finally replied.

"A Lycan."

*****************************

Authors Note:

Are you enjoying the story? Do comment....

Are you excited for the next chapters?

Who do you think Ophelia should choose? Alpha Daniel or Nate?