IV

M

M

A month later.

Italian music pulsed throughout the restaurant as women, men and children gathered both inside and outside of Loretta's newly remodelled restaurant. She practically invited the whole town for a get together and I was ordered to come.

Within a month the remodelling of Loretta's restaurant had taken place and now it was complete. It was gorgeous and the workers did justice to the building as it still screamed Loretta with the addition of modern motifs.

In the past month, I also hadn't seen Damien. Ever since our last conversation at Loretta's, he hasn't shown up and a part of me was curious as to why.

I didn't see him at the AAC either despite the presence of his many soldiers. I was getting used to seeing his closest men more often than usual, spotting the likes of Leo, Ricardo and Sergio from time to time.

And yet Damien was nowhere in sight.

Fixing my mustard dress, I felt the warmth of the sun kiss my skin. It was hot out today which made the mood at the gathering more warm and gleeful.

Loretta had pointed out how I stuck out like a sore thumb against all the tan-skinned Italians and Sicilians. They were sun kissed too, but in her words I was blessed. Doused in rich gold and fluorescents.

The dress I wore complimented my dark brown complexion beautifully. It was Melissa's choice of course, so I wasn't surprised how wonderfully it turned out.

I looked down at the little children who ran around me, giggling away as they took sweet treats from the tray in my hands.

"Thank you!" a small boy grinned, placing a sweet kiss on my cheek before he ran back to his mother.

I smiled warmly.

My sights landed on Loretta who was swinging her hips happily with a few of the other women. Walking by them, I moved inside to meet with the other guests.

I took orders and I served alongside Cori and a few other ladies, oftentimes helping some of the mothers who seemed to have their hands full.

"Thank you Mina!"

"Mina you're a star!"

"Mina, you're so sweet!"

".....Mina."

"Mina..."

"Mina." That voice.

I whirled around to see him.

There he was standing behind me dressed in something I thought I'd never see him in. He was casual, a loose short sleeved white button up adorned his chest with only the top four buttons undone revealing a white vest and gold chains. He wore dark slacks and white sneakers.

My gaze fell to his lean yet muscular arms which were stained with ink, all varying in size and colour. I had never seen them before other than the times they'd peek out through the cuffs of his long sleeves and suits.