XXVI

M

M

I touched at the ends of my hair which I pinned back into a bun. I ran my gaze over the floor length mirror in Olympia's walk in wardrobe where I took in my reflection.

The form fitting light yellow dress did well to shape my slim curves, accentuating my figure in the softest of fabrics that grazed behind me in a small train. My dark brown bronzed skin glittered with a fresh coat of lotion Olympia had given me which had specks of silver in them.

It made my skin glow ethereally.

"You look beautiful." Olympia complimented me as she came into frame, standing to the side dressed in a velvet black dress that hugged her figure. "When my brother sees you, ooh Dio mio.." she winked teasingly.

I lifted my head, giving her a faint smile. "Thank you, you look beautiful too." I turned to face her.

"Me.." she batted her eyelashes. "In this old thing, you're making me blush." she said, striking a pose. I shook my head, chuckling quietly before my lips fell into a thoughtful pout.

With a gloved hand resting to her cocked hip, she looked me over, taking note of my somber expression. "Why the sad face?"

"It's nothing." I waved off, moving to gather my fur coat to layer on top, seeing as we would be leaving soon.

She stopped me from moving any further, her hand coming to grasp my elbow when I dared to walk by her. "It's not nothing. You haven't said a word since we got here after we left the manor. Something is bothering you." She stated.

"So what is it? Because we aren't leaving until you say it." Olympia firmly spoke. "And don't lie to me either. You're a shit liar."

I let out a light laugh at the latter part before sighing. "Fine." I gave in. "When I went to go and find Damien, I found him with your father and a few of their men. They were arguing and I overheard that Antonia would be coming tonight—"

Olympia let out a scoff at the reveal, a look of disapproval crossing her features. "Of course. It's no surprise she would be coming as this is more than just a birthday bash. It's an opportunity for my father and my brothers to network amongst other families." Olympia said. "Damien has eyes only for you, Mina. You have nothing to worry about—" I shook my head, my worries not lying with what she was saying.

"Her being there doesn't bother me. I trust Damien, it's just.." I paused, trying to find the words to articulate how I felt in this moment. "I feel like he's hiding something from me and it relates to Antonia. He said something along the lines of 'you're doing this to spite me,' and your father mentioned something about 'laying down his terms,'. It sounded like a transaction of sorts."

"When I asked Damien about it he just shut me out. Telling me not to worry and that he would take care of things." I huffed.

Olympia hummed lowly, pacing back and forth as she listened to me ramble on. "Honestly, I don't know what my father has planned. But if it concerns Damien, it means it's about the Famiglia. It probably had something to do with business. Don't work yourself up about it." She commented.