XXV

M

My eyes gradually peeled open, a soft sigh escaping me as I reached out to Damien's side of the bed, only to be met with his absence.

My sights lifted to the clock on the nightstand, seeing it was going to 7am. It was so early in the morning and he wasn't here.

Rolling onto my side, I felt sore all over from last night's activities. My face grew warm as I reflected, the ghost of his touch still lingering in places making me clench my thighs.

The sweet care of his touch partnered with his deep rasps of praises sent my mind into a blissful daze, one I was unwilling to get out of. I felt that familiar butterfly sensation bubble in my stomach with each passing memory that was filled with our erotic acts.

Vividly recalling me professing my love for him, I buried my face into the pillows, a sigh of content escaping me. By no means were my words a lie. I was falling for Damien every second I was with him and I knew that the feelings I had for him were nothing but love.

I wasn't ready to say it before but I knew that's how I felt deep down. Last night, only brought out the confidence I needed to say how I felt.

I loved him.

And he loved me.

Slipping down from the bed, I moved to the bathroom to clean up. Wishing to run myself a bath instead of taking a shower, I sat on the edge of the tub in my soft plush robe, waiting for the hot water to fill the tub while I added my scented soaps.

In no time I settled myself into the warm depths of the bath, wearing my shower cap to avoid my hair getting wet as it wasn't a wash day. My sore muscles relaxed, making me sigh.

I lifted my hand up absentmindedly to play with the necklace Damien had gotten me, a giddy smile playing on my lips as I marvelled at the diamond.

It was beautiful and the words engraved into the diamond only enhanced its beauty. Closing my eyes, I relaxed in the warmth of the hot water, the sweet floral scent of the soaps filling the steamed air.

My ears perked up, my eyes peeling open at the sound of the bedroom door opening, paired with heavy footsteps approaching. The bathroom door parted further, I craned my neck to see Damien standing by the door frame. He took in the sight of me in the bathtub with soapy suds filled to the brim shielding my body.

A fond look crossed his features as I flashed him a coy smile. I took a moment to take in his all black attire. "You went out?" I pointed out, watching him remove the black gloves that covered his hands.

He tucked them into his coat pocket, which he removed, hanging it up by the door. "I had to handle a few things.." he trailed off, running his sights over me while he rolled up his sleeves. "I left a few hours after you slept." He revealed.

"You look comfortable." He later mused, crossing his arms across his chest. He leaned against the door frame.

"I am." I hummed, shifting closer to the edge of the bathtub. "I was a bit sore this morning. I figured a nice bath would help." With the curl of a finger, I beckoned him to come closer to which he easily complied.

He crouched down to my height, drawing closer to me as I pulled him near to me by his button up. He couldn't help but to smile down at me, meeting my warm doe eyed stare which swirled with love filled emotions.

With the slow bat of my curtained lashes, I parted my lips to speak. "Will you be busy today?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"I took care of what I needed to, so no." he rasped, his eyes falling to my lips which formed into a natural pout.