XXXII

M

I could hear Ragi pace back and forth on the call with Leo as he detailed the fight that happened between Antonia and I. Pissed was an understatement. I was still so upset over the fact she laid her hands on me in the first place. The fact that she had pushed me to be out of character and fight back was something I wasn't used to and I hated it.

"Yeah, she's fine. Just a few scratches that aren't that noticeable." Ragi detailed, coming to a halt by the door frame. He leaned against it, his eyes falling to me as he continued on to say more. "Antonia—yes—yeah, I had her sent home—yes."

"Damien doesn't know yet. You're the first person I called because I know you're meeting with him today before the ceremony takes place—" Ragi said. "I know he'll be pissed but he's going to find out about it eventually. It's better he hears it from you."

Ragi turned around when there was a knock on the door, moving to answer it while he was still on the phone with Leo, he later returned with a large box in hand.

I immediately knew it was my dress for tonight's party and I instantly groaned. "I'm not going." I grumbled, slouching back into the couch but he ignored me, setting the box down by my side.

Turning his attention back onto his call with Leo, he stepped out of the living room again. "Yes—Yeah I know this is bad but Antonia started it. They'll understand—" I heard him say, his voice gradually fading out as he moved down the hall out of sight.

I turned my attention to the large black box that was lined with gold details. Removing the gold bow, I let it slip from my fingertips before lifting the lid of the box to peek inside. Pushing the pieces of wrapping paper aside, I lifted the black dress up slightly, inspecting it.

It was a beautiful dress with a form fitting rippled corset. I knew it would do my figure justice. It came with matching gloves and heels all of which were neatly packaged to the side in velvet bags.

Sighing, I lowered the dress back into the box after hearing my phone buzz on the coffee table. I retrieved it moments after calming down as I left it in the kitchen when Antonia knocked.

Seeing Olympia's name flash across the screen with my face reflecting back at me from the pending FaceTime call, I quietly cursed at my luck.

She was going to see my face.

Knowing deep down that I couldn't ignore her, I answered it, leaving my phone tilted away from my face. "Hey, how was the dress? You didn't send me any pictures?" Her voice rang through the phone.

"It just came now, I haven't tried it on yet." I replied, catching a glimpse of her confused expression.

"Then who was at the door? And why aren't you showing your face?" She asked, curious to know.

"Don't get mad." I groaned.

"Okay.." she trailed off. "What? Have you been crying or something? You don't have to hide that from me, Mina? I know things are hard with Damien being gone but—what the actual fuck is that?!" She exclaimed, her sweet ramblings turning into a shrill shriek as my face came into view.

"What the fuck happened to your face, Mina?!" She shouted, making me wince.

"It's not that bad." I rolled my eyes, causing her to squint at me as she drew closer to the screen. "And I fought with Antonia—"

"You what?!"

"I fought with Antonia." I repeated. Olympia shook her head, lifting a hand to run over her face as she set her phone down onto the countertop of her vanity.

"No, no I heard you the first time. I need you to explain to me how the fuck that managed to happen?!" She said, "Actually no, you'll explain it to me in person—I'm coming over."