XXVIII

M

Saying my goodbyes to Olympia and the others, I decided it was time to head home. I made a promise to visit Olympia later in the week, something she appreciated.

I was glad to see her in happier spirits today and Yvonne and her aunts were too.

During the drive home, I got a call from Damien. Answering it as we came to a stop at one of the traffic lights, my eyes darted to the outside world, taking in the blacked out SUV that pulled up beside us.

"Hey tesoro," he greeted me, making me smile.

"Hi baby," I replied. "I just left Olympia's and I was heading home. Are you still working?"

"I'm rounding up actually. Just have a few small things to handle and then I have to meet up with Leo, Ragi and Mario for a few updates—after that I'm all yours." My smile widened.

My gaze lingered on the blacked out SUV shifting after it took a right turn once the lights turned green. "How's Olympia doing? She's been ignoring my calls.."

"She's doing better. She's eating and she's out of her room now. Just give her some time, that's all she needs." I said. "So, what do you have planned for us then?" I asked, taking in the snow covered landscape as we drove straight ahead.

"I was thinking we could stay at Loretta's for a bit. I know you miss her and you haven't seen her in some time. You can make a head start for it and I'll meet you there when I'm all done." He suggested. "After that, we can head out somewhere else."

"That sounds like a plan. I'll just head home first to get changed and then I'll wait for you at Loretta's." I said, content with the plan to meet with Loretta. I wished to say more but I could hear commotion in the background on Damien's side, hinting he was needed elsewhere.

He tsked sharply, annoyed with the fact that our brief conversation was ending. "I have to go, tesoro—but I'll meet you at Loretta's. Ok?"

"Ok." I sadly smiled. He was quiet for a moment, probably sensing my sadness at the fact that we were interrupted.

"I love you." His words made my heart swell and I didn't hesitate to respond back.

"I love you too."

"Mina! Is that you?!" I grinned at the sound of Loretta's voice as I entered the relatively busy restaurant. Even in this weather people still craved to eat her dishes.

Crossing the threshold to meet Loretta halfway, I received plenty of stares as I walked in.

She stood in her polka dotted apron by one of the tables with a tray in hand. Placing it gently down at the table where a couple sat, she walked towards me with open arms.

I quickly enveloped her, holding her close to me. Closing my eyes I felt my grip around her tighten. She patted my back gently, comforting me.

Pulling away, she looked up at me with a saddened smile.

"I've missed you so much, cara." She caressed my cheek lovingly, like a mother would to her own child. "It's been a while." she sighed.

"I know Lolo." I smiled sadly. "I've missed you too. How's everything going?" The last time I saw her was at her latest grand opening following the end of the renovation of the restaurant. We managed to catch up a lot throughout that day until Damien had to leave to handle business.

"Come, come sit first." She guided me to a table so that we could sit down. Glancing around briefly, I began to notice how a majority of people began to clear out upon noticing Damien's men lingering outside.