XXXV

Antonia stared blankly at her reflection in the mirror

Antonia stared blankly at her reflection in the mirror. Her dark eyes were bloodshot from all the crying she did this morning as Damien's trial date finally came.

Shakily lifting the cigarette to rest between her lips, she lit it before exhaling to the side. Her sights flickered to her phone, seeing her father was calling her yet again.

She didn't want to be in attendance for the trial but her presence was required based on the orders of the Consigliere. He promised her that no harm would come to her—a promise from the Don who said that he had spoken with Damien who agreed to negotiate.

She didn't know if she truly believed his words.

Damien was never the type to easily forgive or forget. He carried his grudges to the grave and he would not let Antonia slip from his grasps so easily.

She would pay for what she did.

She sniffled softly, reaching for her phone after her father's persistent call ended. Instead, she moved to her contacts in search of a name.

Her thumb hovered over it hesitatingly before a traitor of a tear dropped to the screen. Letting out a sigh, she pressed the name, wiping her rosy cheeks.

The line rang for a moment before it was answered. "You finally call.." the low voice chuckled.

"I've decided to take you up on your offer." She spoke up. "Everything you need will be sent to you in the coming days."

The other person on the line went quiet for a moment before speaking up. "You know the consequences of doing this?" He reminded her and she hummed lowly in defeat. "You will be killed if they find out."

"They won't." She firmly replied. "There won't be any evidence left for them to find. I will make sure of it."

"The tracker is all yours.." she sniffled. "Vincenzo."

M

M

The day had finally come. Damien's trial was finally here and I couldn't be any more nervous. Many news channels were covering the case and the papers were wild with theories for the possible verdict that would be read in the coming days.