XXXVIII

D

"Damien, we're going to be late.." She manoeuvred around me when I made a move to draw her close, making me chuckle. I watched her make a beeline straight for her vanity where she looked over her makeup once more while I took my seat at the edge of the bed.

I eyed her closely, my sights wandering over her figure which was accentuated by the short green turtleneck sweater dress she donned.

Catching my stare in the mirror after she completed the finishing touches, she whirled around to look at me. "You're looking at me with those eyes again.." she pointed out with a knowing look.

"I'm just looking." I coolly stated, running my gaze over her once again.

"Mhm.." she rose to her full height, cocking her hip to the side where she rested a hand to it. "Well, when you're done looking, I'd like to start going.."

"Looks like we're going to be here a while because I'm not done." I mused making her playfully roll her eyes. "C'mere," I beckoned to her. She stayed still for a moment, her hip still cocked before she relaxed in her stance, leisurely crossing over to meet me.

She stood in between my parted legs, her hands crossed over her chest as she looked down at me with a small smile.

Drawing her closer to me by the back of her legs, she lightly slapped my chest from my abruptness, a light giggle escaping her before she rested her hands to my shoulders.

"I think you've looked enough." She smiled down at me.

"It's never enough." I replied, watching her smile grow wider as she bashfully lowered her head.

"Well, make it enough. We have to get going—" she said.

Taking a hold of her hand when she dared to slip away, I drew her back to me. "We have about twenty minutes left—we'll get there on time." I countered. "I wanna say something first." I continued, making her raise an eyebrow at me.

"What is it?"

"This Sunday my ma is hosting the party to celebrate the verdicts for the trial. It'll be a long and busy day so I want us to spend some time together before the party starts." I started off, slipping my hand from her wrist to take her hand in mine. "I know you haven't seen Loretta in a while with everything going on, so I figured we could pay her a visit sometime in the afternoon before we leave for the party later in the evening." I suggested as she interlocked our fingers.

"I'd like that." She let out a low hum, swaying our hands slightly. "I'd like that a lot."

"I miss us going out together like we used to." She uttered with a pleased grin. She lifted her hands up to my face, lowering herself down to peck my lips. "Thank you for making the time baby.." I kissed the inside of her palm in response before coaxing her down to sit on my lap.

She loosely wrapped her free arm around my shoulder, lowering the other to rest on my chest. "I said I would make it up to you for the time lost, tesoro." I reminded her. "I'm going to make it up to you."

"I know you will." She replied, leaning in to peck my lips again. This time I held her near, deepening the kiss. A pleased mewl escaped her paired with a stifled giggle when I turned us over to have her back resting to the bed.

She gazed up at me with a loving gleam reflecting in her dark brown eyes which I couldn't help but to admire. "You're wasting time.." her hands roamed my chest, lifting to rest on my shoulders. "We're going to be late for lunch."

Today we would be spending lunch over at the manor—the request—more like demand; being my mother's.

"I'm making time." My words made her laugh softly. "They won't mind us being late." She lifted her hand up to fix my hair as it brushed over the sides of my face.