four

*unedited*

               "Order up," I heard Oli yell as his he pressed down harshly on the bell causing the high pitch shrill to echo to my ears. I quickly made my way to the kitchen where the grease clung to my hair almost instantly as I weave through the kitchen tables to get the two plates of burgers and fries that were waiting for me at the end of the counter.

              With both plates in my hands and glancing over at the ticket number I made my way to table twelve where a teenage couple were sat eagerly waiting for their food as they slurped on their soda's.

               "One Route 69 burger and one Cheese and Bacon burger, both with fries," I greeted as they pointed to who's order was who's when I said the burger names. I gently placed them in the right spots, "anything else I can get you guys?"

              "No that's everything thank you," the boy said kindly, I recognise him from school. Possibly a sophomore but I couldn't be too sure, I gave them both a tight smile and turned around hearing the doorbell ring and ready to greet our next customers.

              The crowds of customers died down when it got to around ten o'clock which I was thankful for. I wiped a thick layer of sweat off the top of my forehead and dried my hand on the bottom of my food stained apron. I could smell the grease and sweat that was stuck to my body like a second skin, a shower could not come soon enough.

              I pulled the green bills and counted the tips I had received for the night $147, not too bad to say how busy were. Friday nights were always the same, full to the brim with teenagers who celebrate the weekend beginning. Lucky for me I worked most Friday's so didn't need to participate in the usual gathering of students meeting up, it was by choice. Oli was always more than happy to give me a weekend off, in fact I wasn't put in many weekends at all but I was always more than happy to pick up a shift where I need too.

               "You should head off now, you're shift ended nearly an hour ago." Oli stated as he started throwing his dishes and cutlery into a bowl so they could be washed, his shaggy light brown hair darkened with the sweat of the last three-hour rush.

               "You know I'm always happy to help, plus with Shayna off sick you needed me here." I said as I pushed the money back into my pockets making sure not to drop any.

               "She's right you know," I heard a soft voice come from the distance, I whipped my head around to see Lacey saunter over to her husband and stand with me next to the kitchen window. "You always know she's right," Lacey said gently as she gave me a loving smile.

              In my whole seventeen years of living I have never seen a couple more suited to each other than they were, Lacey's long blonde hair radiated off her natural glowing complexion as her deep green doe shaped eyes were so unique and beautiful, always doing gorgeous eye make-up to compliment them.

              Oliver looked like a deer in headlights as he heard the words that tumbled out of her mouth so gracefully, he was always a mess when she was around and I knew he'd do anything for her. The love that was in their eyes was so natural and so pure, I could only wish to have something half as good as they do. He aggravatedly wiped his face with his dirty hand and let out a sigh.

               "Fine, you're right. Come in an hour later tomorrow so I know you've had some kind of rest," He pleaded, Oli always looked out for me because he knows if he doesn't, I'd neglect my school work and start failing my classes.

               "Okay, you've got a deal." I said reluctantly as I un-tied my apron making sure to hold it tight so nothing fell out of its deep-set pockets. "Night guys."