twenty-four

Unedited

              The night faded quickly. Before I knew it, it was eleven o'clock and Daniel's family would be coming back soon.

              Currently, we were lazily slouched over his bed. My legs tangled on top of his as our backs were pressed against the wall so we faced the T.V. I enjoyed this, the feeling of his company brought me a happiness I hadn't felt in a while. Although, no labels were provided, I liked who I am when we are together.

              "I should probably take you back soon," Daniel commented, eyes still trained on the T.V. Fingertips gently caressed my calf absentmindedly whilst be spoke.

              I hummed a response, enjoying the feeling his touch left. "Probably, I'm just enjoying the moment. I haven't felt peace like this in a while."

              This caught Daniel's attention, "what do you mean?" He questioned; gaze now focused on me as he arched a quizzical eyebrow.

              I let a deep breath out, "it's just, I'm finally up to speed with everything. I know where I stand now with us as well as knowing about Gee's past. It feels like everything is clear whereas before it was hazy. Things were in reach, but I couldn't quite get there."

              Daniel nodded in acknowledgement to my words as he let them sink in.

              "The only thing that's still playing on my mind is where my brother could've put the information. I don't know where to begin." I huffed. Daniel interlocked my fingers with his as his grey eyes burned into mine, a sense of life being brought back to me when they connected.

              "We'll find it, they won't touch you. That's my promise to you in all of this S." There was no humour laced within his voice, it was strong and full of emotion. It made me feel safe and protected from the dangers that Robert and his men could do to me.

              He captures my lips with his once more that night. A slow burning sensation taking over as our lips gently moulded together. A feeling I knew I would never get used to but, there was no harm in trying. It wasn't a long kiss, but the passion was there it was his way of telling me everything all at once.

              "Thank you," I mumbled as we broke apart.

             "You don't need to thank me. I'm doing nothing you don't deserve." My heart clenched at his words. The heat rose to my cheeks, he could probably see the redness on my cheeks, but he didn't say anything. Instead he gently lifted my legs off his own before neatly wrapping up my dress into one of his bags and takes my hand in his.

              He guided us easily down the stairs and to his truck where he opened the door for me. He gave me his hand to use for balance whist I hoisted myself into the truck. One I was securely in, Daniel shut my door and got in himself driving me home giving me a perfect end to a perfect night.

***

              "You kissed!" Rylee screeched down the hallway filled with students; the word subtle was not in her vocabulary.

              "Would you keep your voice down!" I hushed rapidly whilst making quieter gestures with my hands. To anyone looking at us I probably looked like an idiot.

              "You kissed," She hissed, reiterating her point. I rolled my eyes, I knew I should've waited to tell her.

             "Twice," I mumbled hoping she wouldn't hear, but that was a stupid thought on my behalf.