twenty-eight

Unedited - N/A - Authors note at the end of this chapter.

              Daniel didn't waste anytime. Gently putting me on the ground before he snatched the device off the table that would help to bring an end too all of this. I couldn't remove the grin from my face as I watched Daniel pocket the stick, we had it. But what was worse is that Gee knew I'd find it which meant, he knew he what was coming.

              I let my mind ponder over the idea of Gee knowing that something was going to happen to him. It made me think back to what Sam said in the parking lot that day, maybe none of these incidents had been accidents, maybe it was all premeditated. It would make sense, especially with Shawn thinking that my brother stealing this information could of cost him his life.

              It would have to be a conversation I had with Daniel, there were still things that needed to be uncovered but for now, I knew enough to go on.

              "What's going through that pretty little head of yours?" Daniel asked, his fingers brushing the stray stands of hair behind my ear.

              "Nothing, I just can't believe we found it. It was pure chance that any of that would've happened and he knew. Gee knew I would be the one too find it," I spoke, slight disbelief was woven within my words. The reality of it hadn't sunk in, and I don't think it will until all of this is over.

              "I know. We need to get this too Shawn's right now. Find out what's on this thing and use it to bargain for our safety. You don't know Robert like I do and as soon as he gets this he will not hesitate in taking us out. We have the upper hand, we need to keep it that way." Daniel said softly as he placed a light kiss onto my forehead. I took a deep breath in at his words, it isn't over yet.

              "I'll go get changed," the reply was barely a whisper before I lightly pressed my lips to his cheek and make my way up stairs. As I reached my room, an uncontrollable giggle erupted from my throat as I did, some kind of, happy dance. It was kind of a mixture between Chandler from Friends mixed with a giddy horse. A moment I was glad that Daniel hadn't witness. I probably looked a fool.

              Correction, I definitely looked a fool.

              Without dwelling further on the fact of if I looked an idiot or not, I rushed to my dresser, quickly rummaging through it to find an easy legging and Tee combo. Taking the first thing that my fingers touched, I stumbled around trying to get all my under garments on before throwing the miscellaneous combo on over the top.

              Stumbling around the room like Bambi on ice, I struggled keeping my balance as my foot got caught in the leg of my leggings. The floor became closer as I grabbed hold of my bed side table trying to steady myself but instead, brought it down with me with another huge thud. My clumsiness has really gotten the best of me today.

              I could hear Daniel jumping up the stairs, no doubt hearing the commotion from downstairs and wondering what I had done this time. As soon as Daniel was in the doorway he gave me a lob sided smile, his tall frame leaning against the door as he crossed his arms and looked and my unladylike figure sprawled on the floor. T-shirt on with half on legging, my table had completely fell behind me with my lamp sat on top of my arm.

              If I didn't think I looked a fool before, I definitely do now.

              "You could help me instead of just looking at my misfortune you know," I scoffed as I tried to push myself up off the floor. Daniel chuckled as he walked in my direction, extending out a hand that I graciously took to aid myself up.