twenty-one

Unedited

              It didn't take long for me to change out of the gown and back into my previous clothes before I made my way to the cashier and paid for it. Luckily for me, in the glass cabinet at the till was a black masquerade mask with small silver detailing on and a thick black ribbon to tie it around my head. I pointed to it and the lady was more that happy to get it for me and put it through.

              Once I was all paid we headed back to car not bothering to look for shoes as I refuse to wear any kind of heal. I know I have some black ballet pumps in the back of my closet somewhere, it will just be a case of finding them.

              The journey back to mine was uneventful as Rylee began talking my ear off again about the 'James and Logan Situation'. Although, I don't really believe there is much of a situation at all. Hate Logan, like James. Simple.

              "It's just that James has the more edgy-hot vibe going whereas Logan is just fuckboy all over with his blonde hair and shit fade." Rylee said, not paying attention to her speed at all.

              "I've said it once, I'll say it again. Logan is a tool! Don't try and fall for his charm again. He made the mistake to stick his tongue down Laney-Ann." I spoke frustrated.

              "It was Jackie-Lynn," Ry corrected as she clicked her tongue.

              "Ergh, whatever! He still got off with a different girl and played you. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, he's just bad news." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest and looking out of the window.

              "Ah, I see what this is about. You don't like Logan because you don't like Sam," Rylee concluded.

              "Wrong, I don't like Logan because he is a bully. I don't like Sam because he should keep his nose out of things that don't concern him. He's done a good enough job at that these past few months, it should stay that way!" I snapped not realising what I said before it was too late.

              "So you've seen him since he's been back in town then?" Rylee asked uneasily, almost as if she was wincing as she spoke.

              "Yeah,-" I sighed, "- he turned up at the Diner and then tried to talk to me again outside my house when I was with Dan." I continued. We were nearing the last junction before my house, thankfully. This whole conversation made me very uncomfortable.

              "And how did that go?" She urged.

              "Badly." I said, wincing at the memory of Sam's blooded face along with Daniel's grazed fists.

              "He likes you, you know?" Rylee said as she turned down my street.

              "Sam? I don't care if he does, he can go hurt someone else.

              Rylee just shook her head, "No you idiot, Daniel. How many people have you ever seen him with at school?" She questioned as she pulled up to my house and parked the car.

              I shrugged in response, "Exactly! And when has he ever stayed in the building for more than two hours? Or ever gone to a school dance for someone?" Rylee continued, staring at me intently.

              "I don't know Ry. I can't think of it like that though, I have so much going on right now with my Dad and Gee. He's just helping me and I think I might be helping him," I finished. I looked up at Rylee as a sad smile took over her face.

              "The sooner you come to terms with your feelings, the better you'll feel. Trust me S, you don't want to keep this to yourself." She told me.