TWENTY ONE

Yoongi and Jimin slowly made their way down the sidewalk en route to Jimin's house. The latter kicked a rock off to the side, pouting when it strayed too far away to kick again. Yoongi chuckled at the cute boy beside him.

"So..." Jimin said awkwardly. He slid his hands into his jacket pockets as he dragged the syllable out.

Yoongi smiled. "Cute," he mumbled, thinking it wasn't loud enough for Jimin to hear. But, Jimin heard. And his cheeks reddened fast.

He stuttered out a reply to the older's remark. "N-no I'm not..."

Yoongi's eyes widened. "Oh, um... Did I say that out loud?"

Jimin giggled at the older's embarrassment. "You did."

"...oops."

Jimin laughed again. That angelic sound that made the butterflies in Yoongi's stomach go wild. He smiled again. Why is it so easy for him to make me smile? He shook his head fondly at the thought.

"Can I ask you somethimg?" Jimin asked after a moment of silence.

Yoongi smiled. "You just answered your own question."

Jimin rolled his eyes and punched the older lightly on the arm. "You know what I mean."

Yoongi laughed as he held his arm, feigning hurt. "Go ahead."

Jimin sighed. "Why-..." He paused. "Why did you want to walk home with... me?"

Yoongi's smile faltered. "What do you mean?"

"Me, of all people. Why me?"

Yoongi paused for a moment, stopping in his tracks. He thought about what particular reason he had asked to walk Jimin home, but none came to mind. So he simply shrugged. "I don't know."

Jimin looked down at his shoes. "Ah..."

The two started walking again, nothing said between them. Jimin kept his eyes down on his feet as he walked, whereas Yoongi kept his eyes up. He snuck glances at the younger every so often, admiring the boy's soft features. His plump pink lips were set into a slight pout. Cute. His button nose would crinkle each time he scrunched his face up, to which Yoongi found himself smiling. He couldn't help it. He found everything about the younger boy to be nothing short of perfect. That sort of scared him. He'd never felt something like this for anybody before.

Jimin swept a hand through his messy pink hair as the two boys neared his house. He awkwardly slowed his pace, just barely so Yoongi wouldn't notice. When they came before it, however, Jimin was forced to a stop. He sighed reluctantly as he prepared to bid goodbye.

Yoongi studied the outer appearance of the house they were stood before. "It's..." he trailed off, and directed his gaze back to Jimin with a hazy smile. "...a nice house."

Jimin smiled. "Thanks." He gulped.

Yoongi nodded.

Silence.

Yoongi looked down at his feet as he kicked one aimlessly at the air. He didn't want to leave.

"Well..." Jimin trailed off. He looked up at the older and gave him a small smile. "Thanks for... walking me home..."

Yoongi smiled. "It was my pleasure."

Jimin giggled. "I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Indeed you will."

Jimin awkwardly waved at the older before turning around and heading inside. Yoongi watched him go until he was no longer in sight, and sighed pathetically to himself. He turned on his heel and began the route to his own home, a certain pink haired boy on his mind the whole way home.

♡*:.。.

mkay hope u like this chapter

honestly i think this is the suckiest one yet but idk ig i enjoyed writing it :)

hope u enjoyed it

bye zesty pickles <3