TWENTY FIVE

The three boys sat in silence as they each enjoyed their meals. Jimin had hardly uttered a word since Yoongi joined them, as he was far too embarrassed to even simply look the older's direction. Every so often, though, he would sneak a glance at him, and sometimes even find the black haired boy to be looking at him. He would blush and look back down at his food, only to pick at it with his chopsticks. He wasn't too hungry to begin with.

Taehyung reached over his plate to grab his glass of rootbeer, and took a sip. He eyed the other two boys at the table suspiciously as he drank his drink, eyes narrowing. He set his glass down and crossed his arms over his chest. "You both are being too quiet."

Yoongi glanced at Taehyung briefly, swallowing his mouthful of food before he spoke. "Well, it isn't like you're making much of an effort to spark a conversation either, Taehyung."

Taehyung nodded in agreement. "True." He glanced at Jimin and cocked his head slightly to the right. "Jiminie, you've hardly said half a word. Say something."

Jimin glared at the youngest for merely half a second. "Please, enlighten me on the reasons I should."

Taehyung laughed heartily, picking his drink back up to take a gulp. "If I ask nicely, will you?" Taehyung batted his eyelashes dramatically. Jimin simply rolled his eyes in response, shaking his head shamefully.

Taehyung huffed. "Rude."

Yoongi laughed quietly to himself as he shoved another bite of rice into his mouth.

There was another stretch of silence as Taehyung sat with a pout on his face. His intentions for this lunch were to maybe get to know his newfound best friend a bit more, but said best friend was being a bit too stubborn for his liking. Which is why he was set on encouraging him to speak. It seemed his attempts were fruitless since Yoongi had joined them at their table, however.

A light bulb suddenly went off in Taehyung's head. Maybe he'll talk when I'm not around... He grinned mischeviously, knowing full well of Jimin's feelings toward Yoongi. He quickly--- well, almost ---stood from his sitting position.

"I need to use the restroom," he said quickly, faking a wince for emphasis. "Bad."

Yoongi sighed reluctantly and scooted out of the booth so that Taehyung could get through. Smiling greatfully, Taehyung scooted himself out and rushed toward the bathroom.

Yoongi sat back down after watching the youngest's retreating back all the way to the bathroom, where he disappeared. He shook his head as he slid into the seat.

Jimin sat in awkward silence, cheeks aflame at the fact he was alone with Yoongi. He scowled. Stupid Tae. He did this on purpose. I know he did.

To his great dismay, Yoongi decided to start up a conversation.

"I agree with Taehyung," was his simple statement. Jimin looked up with a confused facial expression, to which the elder smiled. "That you should talk more. You have a nice voice, Jiminie."

Jimin's cheeks felt they were on fire. His eyes widened at what Yoongi said, and his hands instinctively reached up to cover his heated face; redder than Lightning McQueen.

Jimin felt extremely embarrassed at this moment. However, he could hear the light chuckle escape Yoongi's mouth at his own misery. He looked through his fingers at the older with a glare. Yoongi simply laughed once more.

Jimin removed his hands from his face, scowl set seemingly permanantly within his features. He picked his chopsticks back up and continued eating his rice in small bites.

Yoongi sighed sadly. "Did I make you uncomfortable, Jimin?" Jimin looked up, mouth full of food making his cheeks look squishy and round. Yoongi had to suppress the urge to coo at the sight. "With my comment, I mean."

Jimin shook his head frantically, swallowing his food in a rush so he could explain to Yoongi. Well, not explain so much as lie.

"N-no, no. I'm just not quite used to... compliments." He scratched the back of his neck anxiously, praying that Yoongi couldn't detect his lie, but also fearing he probably did.

Yoongi smiled softly, though, relieving Jimin. "I'll have to compliment you more so you get used to it, then."

Jimin felt the blood rush to his face in an unnerving swarm of heat just as Taehyung decided to re-join them.

♡*:.。.

yall know i dont have a plot, right?

i always know how i want to start my stories and how i want to end them, but the in between comes right outta my 3 braincells while im writing it. which is why updates are kinda random lol

n e ways,,

wow this lunch date is going into the next chapter lmao oops

mk hope u enjoyed this chapter lol bye -3-