FORTY FIVE

ok im [not] sry but here's a taekook chapter that no one asked for

♡*:.。.

Taehyung sluggishly walked through the door of his math class, preparing himself for another student council meeting. How he hated these. Why did I join student council to begin with? He thought. He racked his brain for some sort of explanation, coming out empty handed. He sighed tiredly and took his seat nearer to the back of the classroom, but still close enough he would be able to hear what everyone else was saying.

Taehyung rested his head in his arms as they were crossed atop the desk, wishing he could just go home and sleep.

After he had picked up Jihyun with Jimin, and talked to Yoongi on the phone, he'd been called by one of his fellow student council members, informing him there would be a meeting at 6:30. Which was in ten minutes.

And so there Taehyung sat, waiting patiently for the rest of the student council members to arrive.

Or, he was trying to, but of course, things never go his way.

He felt a tap on his shoulder.

With a groan, Taehyung lifted his head to peek at the person who had so rudely interrupted his nap time. His eyes widened seeing Jungkook, and he sat up. Maybe a little too fast.

Jungkook chuckled at this, and sat down in the seat beside Taehyung.

"Hi."

And, of course, Taehyung wasn't like Jimin. He wasn't one to get shy around his crush, so he smiled widely at the younger.

"Hi!"

Maybe that was a little too enthusiastic.

Taehyung internally shrugged.

"Here for the meeting?" Jungkook asked. He sat back in his seat, letting his legs stretch out underneath the desk.

Taehyung nodded. "Yeah. I didn't know you were a student council member, though."

Jungkook shrugged. "I'm quiet, I guess."

Taehyung wasn't only not shy, though. No, he was also quite bold, and his thoughts always went from his brain to his mouth without his permission.

"Cute, too."

Jungkook immediately felt a rush of heat to his face. He looked away, embarrassed smile on his face.

Taehyung laughed lightly. "Sorry, I just say whatever comes to mind without thinking. And I think you're cute, so I said it."

Jungkook's check darkened a bit, and he quickly tried regaining his composure. No way was he letting Taehyung get away with this.

"You're cute, too, y'know?" Jungkook said through a smirk.

Taehyung smiled. "Thanks."

Jungkook was now kind of bummed he didn't get the reaction he wanted out of the older, but pressed on nonetheless. Because Jungkook doesn't give up. Or lose, for that matter.

"Would it be weird of me to ask for your number?"

"I was preparing to ask you the same thing."

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

There was a short moment of silence as the two boys had a staring contest. Each were trying to keep their smiles to themselves, but to no avail. Taehyung grinned as he grabbed his phone from his back pocket, and Jungkook did the same. The two exchanged phones, and typed in their phone numbers for the other before giving them back.

♡*:.。.

does anybody else just stop everything they're doing just to listen to felix's part in 3rd eye? bc same