THIRTY NINE

Jimin rushed his way to the nearest bathroom, bursting into the closest stall and bending over the toilet, ready to let out everything he'd been keeping down. It all came up in a matter of seconds, leaving an empty feeling in Jimin's gut. He sat lazily beside the toilet for a few minutes, waiting for anything more to hurl itself up.

Loud footsteps sounded throughout the restroom, and Jimin just prayed that it wasn't Yoongi, checking to make sure he's okay. Anyone but Yoongi, he thought. Please.

To his great relief, Jimin heard a rather soft, concerned voice call his name.

"Chim?" Taehyung called, keeping his voice low. "You in here?"

Jimin tried to make a sound indicating that yes, I am.

"Tae..." he mumbled out as he scooted closer to the toilet. The footsteps came closer to the stall Jimin sat in, and the door opened to reveal a worried Taehyung. He quickly sat down on the floor in front of his sick friend, and held his face gently in his hands.

"You okay?" Taehyung asked softly.

Jimin shook his head before he felt that weird feeling in his stomach again, and leaned himself over the toilet to let it out again. Taehyung could only watch, rubbing his hand on Jimin's back in support. Although he found the current situation kind of gross, his best friend was in need. All he could offer was his love.

"Let's get you home," the younger offered.

Jimin nodded miserably, and allowed himself to be lifted slowly to his feet by Taehyung, who kept a tight hold on his so as to keep him from falling. They made their way out of the stall to the sink so Jimin could rinse his mouth out before the pair trudged their way to the nurse's office.

Jimin was having a hard time wrapping his head around everything that had happened. Does Yoongi really like me back? It was too unbelievable for him. Too much for his clouded mind.

"What might be the problem?"

Jimin was pulled from his thoughts as he heard the secretary's soft tone, who took in Jimin's current state with concerned eyes.

Taehyung cleared his throat. "He's sick."

"Oh, well. Please, see the nurse."

Taehyung nodded and mumbled a thank you before pulling Jimin along to the nurse's office, where he was sat down gently. He closed his eyes, trying to calm his headache.

"I won't even bother..." the nurse mumbled. "He needs to be sent home--" She reached for her desk phone, ready to dial his parents' number, but Taehyung cut in.

"His parents are away on a business trip."

Her brows furrowed. "For how long?"

"...a couple months," Jimin said quietly, eyes still closed.

There was a pause as both Taehyung and the nurse tried to think of ways he could get home.

"...would it be okay for me to take him home? I know I'm not allowed to leave, but I can't think of any other way he'd get home."

The nurse let out a soft sigh. "I guess you're his only way home, huh?"

Taehyung sighed as well and nodded.

"Well, I'll write both of you boys passes and you can take him home."

Taehyung smiled. "Thank you, Mrs. Yang."

"Of course."

♡*:.。.

okay I'm sorry take this short chapter and I'll start working on 40 okay? okay bye