FORTY

Taehyung helped Jimin to his bed, laying him down. Almost immediately, Jimin curled himself into a ball. Taehyung took notice of his slight shivering and grabbed a blanket to pull over the older. And then a few more, because Taehyung, himself, felt the room was quite cold.

After tending to Jimin, Taehyung made his way out to the kitchen to get Jimin a glass of water. All Taehyung could think about was that boy in his math class, and how Taehyung had caught him staring at him. At the time, Taehyung couldn't pinpoint the boy's name, too caught up in how pretty he was to remember. But now, it was all that was running through his head. Jungkook. Jungkook. Jungkook.

He knew he liked Jungkook; the quiet kid who was in just a grade below him. And he hoped Jungkook would maybe like him back. Not that he didn't have self confidence; just that there's always that lingering doubt in your heart thinking of the possibility of your crush liking you back.

Taehyung pondered the idea of telling Jimin about this as he made his way back to Jimin's room with his glass of water. He thought it may be good to tell someone, as he didn't really have anyone other than Jimin to tell. A small smile was evident on his face as he entered Jimin's room. He handed the glass of water to the older, who was sitting up in his bed waiting for Taehyung.

Jimin took a large gulp of the water before setting the glass down on his night stand.

Then, there was a long moment of silence. Jimin thought and thought about everything Taehyung's done for him throughout his whole predicament, thinking the younger had been more than kind to him; had done more than enough to help him. And Jimin felt he hadn't done enough to show his appreciation for everything Taehyung had done. The thought emitted a sigh from Jimin, earning Taehyung's attention.

Jimin met Taehyung's gaze with glassy eyes, trying to keep his tears from falling. Taehyung had seen enough of him crying to last him a while, he figured.

"Tae," he said softly.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed. "For what?"

"For burdening you with my problems without stopping even once to thank you for everything you've done."

"Aw, Chim," Taehyung cooed. "It's okay."

"No it's not, Tae, don't say that." Jimin sighed. "I just... gosh, I don't even know what's going on in your life. I haven't even asked. I'm so inconsiderate."

Taehyung frowned. "You're not inconsiderate, Jiminie. You're going through something."

Jimin sighed once more. He looked up to meet Taehyung's soft gaze. "How've you been, Tae?"

Taehyung beamed, finding this to be the perfect time to tell Jimin about Jungkook. "Well..."

Jimin smirked slightly. "Is there a boy you haven't told me about, Taehyungie?" he teased.

Taehyung laughed, nodding sheepishly. "Yes, actually."

Jimin gasped. "I must know!"

Taehyung laughed once again as Jimin left his bed to pull Taehyung to the floor, sickness forgotten at this point. Although it wasn't really a sickness. Jimin internally shrugged at the thought.

"Tell me everything," Jimin said, making dead serious eye contact with Taehyung.

Taehyung chuckled. "Well, his name's Jungkook," he started, thinking of the boy. His mood visibly lightened as his name rolled so naturally off his tongue, and Jimin could see it loud and clear. It made him happy to know someone could make his best friend this happy. "He's in a grade below us, I know that. But, Chim, he's so cute! Ah, I just want to squish him..."

Jimin giggled at his friend. "You--"

Jimin was cut off as his phone started ringing loudly from his back pocket. His brows furrowed as he reached for it, not knowing anybody who would be calling him at this time. Well, no one except for...

Jimin gasped. "Jihyun!"

Jimin quickly answered the phone after checking the caller ID to make sure it was, in fact, his younger brother.

"Jiminie, where--"

"Sorry, Jihyun! I'll be there soon to pick you up. I got sick during school, so I came home early."

"Okay, Jim. Bye."

"Bye."

Jimin hung up after a seven second long conversation with Jihyun. He slipped his phone back into his back pocket before looking back at Taehyung.

"Can you take me to go pick up Jihyun?"

Taehyung nodded, smile plastered on his face. "Let's go!" he exclaimed. He stood up from his spot on the floor, pulling Jimin up right after. The older followed Taehyung out of his house, and the two were on their way to pick up Jihyun.

♡*:.。.

okay, now we have some taekook in order, operation [Get Yoonmin Together] is a go

and i was gonna put some namjin in here, too, but realized i haven't even introduced jin yet so thats a no go lmao

but that doesn't mean jin WONT be introduced ;)) if anything i'll just make him tae's brother or smth

make my life easier

and im now thinking this may be over 50 chapters (?) if i don't get my shit together and start making longer chapters, that is

lmao i hate myself :')

also i just found a cat hair on my bed that is longer than my middle finger :) so that's nice