THIRTY ONE

Jimin and Taehyung sat on Jimin's messy bed, side by side as Jimin tried to get his thoughts in order. Taehyung was patient, so he simply let his friend set his mind straight without any interruptions. Jimin's knees were drawn up to his chest, as his arms wrapped tightly around them. Taehyung could see his shorter friend's pastel blue unicorn socks, and couldn't help but think, If that isn't the gayest thing ever. Cute. But really gay. He chuckled quietly to himself so Jimin wouldnt hear.

With a sharp intake of air, Jimin spoke into the deafening silence that had overtaken them. "I've figured it out, Taehyungie."

Taehyung's brows furrowed slightly. "...what?"

Jimin lifted his head to lock eyes with Taehyung. "It isn't just a crush."

Taehyung took a few seconds to try and grasp what his friend meant. But when it hit him, his eyes widened. His face turned to look at Jimin with these wide eyes, and he was about to speak, but Jimin beat him to it.

"I'm in love with him, Taehyung. And I'm scared."

These words were softly spoken, in a somewhat broken voice. Taehyung didn't know what to say, so he opted for embracing the other in his arms. Jimin wrapped his own arms around Taehyung's torso, whereas Taehyung's were placed around his neck. He let Jimin cry quietly into his shirt, rubbing comforting circles on his back with one hand. He didn't say anything; didn't shush him. Taehyung let Jimin cry. He let him cry his kind little heart out, and let his tears soak into his shirt.

Only when Jimin pulled away from the hug, wiping at his eyes, did Taehyung say something.

"It's okay to be scared, Jiminie."

Jimin's eyes brimmed with tears once more, but he held them back. For Taehyung's sake. He let a small smile slip its way into his face. He looked down at his fingers as he fiddled with them. "Thanks, Tae," he said in a soft voice.

Taehyung smiled softly. "You don't have to thank me, Jiminie. I'll always be here to help you. No matter what. I don't care if I've broken my leg and I'm in ambulance on the way to the hospital, you call me and I'll be here." He took Jimin's hand and intertwined their fingers, giving his hand a tight squeeze for reassurance.

"God, why couldn't I have found you earlier..."

Jimin laughed softly at his own words, earning a small laugh from Taehyung.

Their fingers were still intertwined, and Jimin could only stare down at their hands. He was so very grateful for Taehyung, it was almost concerning. The two were platonic soulmates, no doubt. And Jimin couldn't ask for anyone better.

"Tae?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you for existing."

Taehyung laughed. "I don't really have much of a choice, but you're welcome, Chimmy."

Jimin smiled.

There was a still moment of silence as the two simply appreciated the other's presence. Thoughts swirled in Jimin's head, and he couldn't bother to try to make sense of it all, so he left it alone. Taehyung's heart ached for his friend. He could only imagine what Jimin was feeling. He'd been in love once, and that was back in second grade when he got his first puppy. That puppy was Taehyung's everything, and he didn't need anyone else. Well, except for his parents, who ultimately paid for the roof over his head and the food on his plate. And his puppy.

"Taehyungie?"

"Yes?"

"What should I do?"

Taehyung smiled. "This is gonna sound really cheesy and cliche," he responded. He paused for a second, and gave Jimin's hand a squeeze as he said, "But follow your heart."

Jimin cringed at the words, laughing a little as he hit Taehyung on the arm jokingly. "You're so weird."

♡*:.。.

vmin is so cute im sobbing

<3