THIRTY EIGHT

Jimin could only stare wide-eyed at Yoongi, completely in shock. Did those words really just come out of his mouth? No, they couldn't have... There's no way he likes me.

All Jimin could think about was how unbelievable this all was. His mind still found it as a trick, and he actually looked around the room to see if there happened to be a hidden camera. Seeing none, Jimin was even more surprised. This has to be a trick, he thought.

Yoongi seemed to pick up on what the younger boy was thinking, and smiled slightly. "This isn't a prank," he assured. Jimin turned back, still wide-eyed, which Yoongi had to suppress the urge to coo at. "I promise."

There was a long pause of silence, in which Jimin realized something. "When did I tell you I like Billie?"

Yoongi chuckled slightly; nervously. He realized he should have really thought over what he was going to say before jumping right in.

He nervously rubbed at the nape of his neck. "Uh... funny story..."

Jimin gasped as a sudden wave of realization washed over him. "Y-you... found my journal...?"

Yoongi gulped before nodding.

Jimin groaned in frustration. "No, no, no!" he quietly mumbled to himself as he buried his head in his arms on the desk. Embarrassed would be the understatement of the century. Jimin wanted nothing more at that moment than for the ground to simply open up and swallow him whole.

"I--"

"Did you read the whole thing?" Jimin asked, voice muffled as his head still lay buried in his arms.

Yoongi shook his head. "No."

Jimin lifted his head slowly, mind starting to ache at all of this information. His heart was beating a mile a minute, which was normal for him. When he was around Yoongi, that is. He'd gotten pretty used to the wild beating of his fragile heart.

"I only read enough to know it was you."

Jimin's heart skipped a beat, and he could suddenly hear the loud thunderous beating in his ears. This was all too embarrassing for him, no matter how much Yoongi claimed he'd read. He really wished he could just curl up into a little ball and die.

"Are... you okay?" Yoongi asked. He'd noticed the paleness if Jimin's once bright red cheeks, and had grown concerned in an instant. He leaned a little closer to get a better look, when Jimin stood abruptly, announcing he felt sick, before bolting from the classroom as fast as he could.

Yoongi was too shocked by his sudden outburst to do anything. After seeing the puzzled look he received from the teacher, Yoongi gulped and stood from his seat to make his way to her desk.

"He said he felt sick," he explained quietly. The teacher nodded in understanding, and sent Yoongi to go sit back down in his seat. He slowly made his way back, seeing the teacher reach for her desk phone; Yoongi presumed to call the office and inform them of Jimin's condition.

♡*:.。.

honestly i wasn't expecting it to take this long to write this chapter but i wasn't feeling very creative lmao sry for making y'all wait for longer than expected

y'all im so proud of my queens u have no idea

also i have a set plot for the rest of the story, and if it plays out how i want it to, this book will end before 50 chapters 😊