FORTY ONE

"I just don't get it, Taehyung."

Yoongi lay flat on his bed, talking to Taehyung on the phone. He was trying to figure out this whole thing with Jimin. He just didn't get it. Why Jimin ran away after Yoongi's confession. It's what confused him the most.

"He's scared, hyung," Taehyung said, sighing into the phone.

Yoongi's brows furrowed. "Of what? Does he think I'll hurt him?"

"No," Taehyung said. "Maybe. I don't know." He did know, but it wasn't his place to tell Yoongi. It was Jimin's. "Well, I do know. But Jimin can tell you. It isn't my place."

Yoongi groaned loudly. "God, I hate this. I swear the universe hates me. Why Jimin? Why him... gosh, I just really want to hate his stupid attractive face, but I can't. I'm so mad."

Taehyung chuckled from the other side of the phone. "I can't help you, hyung. All I can say is really just think about how you feel about him, okay?"

Yoongi sighed. "Yeah, okay. Thanks."

"I have to go," Taehyung said. "Jimin's calling me."

Yoongi smiled slightly. "Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

Yoongi pulled the phone from his ear and pressed the end call button. He sighed as he dropped his phone on his chest, and closed his eyes.

"Think about how I feel about him." Yoongi repeated Taehyung's words. "What the hell's that supposed to mean?"

So, with Taehyung's words of wisdom, Yoongi decided to really just think about his feelings for Jimin.

There were numerous things he loved about the younger. In fact, he couldn't find anything not to love. To start, Yoongi absolutely loved Jimin's voice. Not necessarily his singing voice; just liked hearing him talk because his voice is nice. And though he'd never heard Jimin's singing voice, there wasn't a doubt in his mind that it was as perfect as Jimin himself. His smile, too. God, his smile. Yoongi wanted to see it all the time. His laugh was like music, as cliche as it sounded. It was like a sweet song to Yoongi, and Yoongi constantly found himself wanting to make the younger laugh just to hear it. The cute way Jimin covered his smile with his small hands whenever he laughed, too. Gosh, it's so adorable. Yoongi loved how Jimin always got shy when he would compliment him. His habit of hitting people when he was embarrassed; adorable. Yoongi loved it. His habit of running his hand through his hair? No way Yoongi could forget that one. How cute he looked when he was concentrated was so endearing to Yoongi, and he'd yell it over and over to the world; he loved it. How committed Jimin could be; right there on the list of things Yoongi loved about him. That really, really, really long list. He smiled softly to himself.

And then it hit him right in the heart; full force. His smile dropped.

I'm in love with Jimin.

It wasn't hard for Yoongi to grasp, and he wasn't afraid to admit it to himself.

"I'm in love with Jimin."

There was a long moment of silence as the words hung in the air, and Yoongi slowly absorbed them. He heard how right they sounded, too. Which made his heart race.

"Well, fuck."

♡*:.。.

welp yoongi finally ran into the big brick wall of realization

took him long enough

im still the author

i hate this