Why now?

'The Missing Piece' Chapter 25

-

WillowsPOV:

We were all watching a movie when there was a knock at the door. 'I'm not getting the door' I thought as Jason hugged me tighter. I was curled up in his arms. I felt so safe with him. But the safe feeling quickly faded away when I heard Jerome shout. "BIGGUMS!" He screamed and sprinted to the door. I looked back and saw Mitch standing at the door with Ashley. Jason grabbed my arm trying to not let me to but I wiggled out of his grasp. My eyes widened and I jumped off the couch. The tears were already flowing as I started running upstairs. 'No no no no ' was all I could think. "Willow!" Jason screamed. That was the last thing I heard. I closed my door and locked it. I put my back to the wall. I sat down and brought my knees to my chest. I was shaking and having trouble breathing. "Why now? Why now?" I kept repeating over and over. She's gonna kill me. I'll be dead by tomorrow. I can't handle being hurt again. I heard a soft knock at the door but I ignored it. They knocked again. I bet it's Jason. "J-Jason I don't w-wanna talk now." I put my head in my hands. "Um it's not Jason." My head shot up and my eyes widened. The tears flowed faster. "W-What do you want." "Just let me in. Please Willow." I hesitated before unlocking the door. Mitch stood there with watery eyes. He tried reaching for my arm but I pulled away. He looked hurt. "Willow...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't expect you to go that far." "I told you things. You knew I was suicidal before. I told you I don't even know how many times." I sat down on my bed. He walked in and closed the door. He knelt down in front of me. "I know. You deserve better. I'm sorry. You didn't deserve any of this." We were both crying by now. I cried harder every time I heard the word sorry. He extended his arms once again but this time I gladly accepted the hug.