Want To Stay

Tw- Mentions of self harm/suicide

This story is before bughead

Betty's Pov

Jughead's depressed. It's not that hard to tell. He's been wearing hoodies with his hood up, and has his head down constantly blocking himself out from the rest of the world.

Usually when he gets in these moods he writes, but he's not even doing that either.

You can also tell because when Veronica, Archie, Jughead, and I are sitting at our regular booth at Pops, he just sits there blankly staring at the table, not even engaging in the conversation the rest of us are having.

And when Jughead Jones doesn't eat, you know something's up.

So, me being the blonde with a massive crush on him that I am, I need to make sure what's up. I've known Jughead for as long as I can remember, and I've never seen him like this. It's not like I think he's going to do something but, you never know.

Sometimes the people that are happiest are the ones dying inside. Sometimes our darkness's take over. And I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Jughead died.

"Juggie?" I ask as I set my hand on his shoulder shaking him lightly trying to get him out of his trance. He shook his head quickly and then looked up at me, didn't speak at all but instead raised an eyebrow as if to ask why I shook him.

"What's up with you?" I ask calmly. His face turned a light shade of red and I watched as the tears filled his eyes. And just as slow as his face was changing, my heart was breaking at the same speed watching him break down.

If there's one person that deserves the world, it's Jughead Jones.

"Betts, it's nothing, don't worry." he lied as he flashed me an obviously fake smile with more tears filling his eyes.

"Jughead. Do. Not. Push. Me. Away. It's me Juggie you know you can always talk to me." I coax as i rub his shoulder, hoping he'll give in. Whatever's going on, he needs to tell me.

"Well there's just," he pauses for a second to take a breath and I take this as an oppertunity to look up at Archie and Veronica and motion silently for them to leave. This is Jughead and I's convorsation, and I needed him to feel as comfortable as possible.

"We're gonna head out you two. See you soon, B." Veronica's cheery voice rang as she grabbed Archies wrist and pulled him out of the booth, leaving Jughead and I alone.

"There's a lot going on right now, Betts." Jughead stated as a couple of tears managed to escape his emerald eyes. The eyes I always seem to get lost in everytime I look in them. The eyes that I think can sometimes see through me.

"Like what, Jug?" I ask in a shaky voice as I feel my body shutting down while watching Jughead do the same.

Jughead took a deep breath before buring his head in my neck. I held onto the back of his neck, petting his head slightly as he released all of what he'd been holding in for so long into my shoulder. "It's okay, Juggie. Breathe, baby." I feel my face turn bright red at the realization I just called Jughead "Baby", but then smiled as it calmed him down slightly.

"My family is falling apart. And I keep thinking, what if the world's better off without me? I mean, all I do is sit and write on a stupid laptop and eat burgers. I'm known as the loner weirdo from the wrong side of the tracks. Nobody here understands me, and I'm at the point where I can't take it anymore, Betts. I'm so done." He breaks down again at the last part and returns his head in the crook of my neck again. I try to calm my breathing because at this point, Jughead had me bawling as hard as he was.

I mean I couldn't even imagine. Suicide. It's not like I haven't thought about it before, but I've never been dead serious like I know Jughead is right now. My Jughead. The one that means the absolute world to me. The one that picks me up whenever I fall down. The one that's there to help me pick up the pieces to whatever it is I broke. My investigation partner in crime. I need him more than he realizes.

"I'm so tired, Betty, of trying to put on a brave face to the world every single day of my damn life. I'm tired of chasing after someone who could never love me back. I'm tired of sitting here hoping my family will come back together when all they do is fall apart. I don't want to be here anymore." He cried.

At this point, I'd bit my tongue for too long. I needed to tell him my feelings. Maybe right now was the worst time, but maybe right now was the best time, and I needed to take my chance, because if it's the best, it could save him. "Juggie." I whisper as I grab his face to have him look at me. "If I told you I loved you, would it make you want to stay?" I ask in a quivery voice, afraid I'd said too much and for the outcome if I had done so.

Jughead stayed silent for a few moments, a slight smirk on his face. "Y-you love me?" He questioned as if I hadn't just come out and said I did. I smiled lightly and nodded my head. "I think I do."

Jughead was full blown smiling from ear to ear now and he blushes slightly. "Betty Cooper, I love you too." He replied in a whisper while leaning in.

I can't believe this is happening. I close my eyes and wait for the feeling of his lips on mine. His lips brush up against mine and automatically I get a tingly feeling unlike any other all I've my body. He then pushed in closer and all I felt was a range of fireworks sparking throughout my stomach.

This kiss was unlike any other I've had. Jughead makes me feel wanted and loved, and I love how Jughead is the only one that makes me feel this way. I accidentally knocked his beanie off of his head and I ran my fingers through his becautiful black hair. The hair I've wanted to feel through my fingers for the longest time. I moaned slightly as he grabbed on to my hips and pulled me closer to him, and he groaned in response.

He pulled apart from me but we kept our foreheads on each others while staring into each other's eyes. "I love you too, Juggie."