Veronica Lodge

Veronica's pov:

todays my first day at Riverdale High. Sophomore year. it's supposed to be this great year. yea I doubt that.

per usual I walk into the school looking for eye candy. boys who catch my eye right off the bat. I have high expectations for who I want.

wearing a short, skin tight black dress with black stilettos, I confidently walk the new hallways of Riverdale, seeing many new faces, and unfortunately, not a ton of them are catching my eye.

In the distance I see raven black hair similar to mine, and I'm intrigued because of his beanie. its gray, shaped like a crown. and hes wearing a jacket with the words 'Southside Serpent'. I've actually seen multiple guys around here with those jackets. probably a gang

he turns around to face a locker and I catch a glimpse of his face. not too hot but definately not ugly. his green eyes flutter as he rolls them, a hard, concentrated look on his face. he looks hot, focusing on unlocking his locker.

he finally opens it and a girl with golden blonde hair in a high ponytail jumps up to him. she has a bright smile and I think 'what is this girl trying to do?'. but surprisingly once the girl shows up, his smug stare turns into a smile almost as bright as hers. he encloses his arms around her and pick her up for a hug, and kisses her forehead.

aaaannddd of course, the only guy that's caught my eye is taken. great.

Betty's pov:

finally I'm back at school. the place I thrive. the place I belong. this summer hasn't been the greatest, but that's typical when you live in the town of Riverdale. the worst part was I barely got to see my boyfriend, jughead, all summer

so, when I finally saw him at his locker in his serpent jacket looking hotter than ever, I couldn't resist myself.

I run up to him. "hi, juggie!" I say excitedly, trying my best to calm down my beating heart. his tough stare at his locker turns into a small grin when he hears my voice, and when he turns to look at me, I feel my knees go weak. god, I've missed him.

"oh my god, betty!" he practically shouts excitedly, and I giggle at his reaction. I did not expect him to miss me that much. he pulls me in for a hug and I giggle once again when I feel him life me up.

I wrap my legs around his waist. "juggie!" I giggle into his shoulder, and he plants a kiss on my forehead. "I've missed you so fucking much, betty." he tells me, and I shudder at his curse.

I've missed everything about him. every single thing. his cursing, his hair, his personality. from little things to big, I've missed it all about jughead.

he puts me down right as the bell for first period rings. "oh no, what do you have?" I ask, sad that I already have to leave him.

"geometry" he replies with a groan, and I gasp, clapping my hands. "with ms grundy!?" i ask, and his smile returns. "yes!" he says, and I smile and jump. "juggie this is amazing!" I say excitedly as he closes his locker and grabs my hand.

and together, hand in hand, we walk to first period.

time skip: roll call