1 Year

Jugheads Pov

It's been one year today.

One year since I finally asked the love of my life, Betty Cooper, to finally be mine.

One year since I built the courage

One year since my life changed forever.

But it feels more like a lifetime.

I've known Betty our entire lives. I know her favorite color is pink, and her favorite subject is Literacy. But I also know the deep things. Things that nobody else knows, because she's only told me.

Because she trusts me.

Because we've been best friends since forever.

Things like how her mom controls her life, or how she's consumed by this darkness that makes her feel empty in the longrun. I know she feels tired, and useless. I know that over half the things she does is because her mom forces her to.

The rest of the world knows Betty as the happy girl that gives the best advice and know exactly how to help in any situation. But I know Betty does not feel that way. She can BE happy, but she's not. She can be helpful, but she doesn't know exactly what to do every single time someone needs her.

She feels useless. That's where I come in. That's when I show her she's not useless, in fact, she's forever changed my life in the best way possible. That's when I let her know that I truly can't live this life without her.

So... I need to make our one year anniversary the greatest day of her life. Because that's all she deserves.

I'm bringing her flowers and a teddy bear to school for this, but I have another gift that I'm giving her tonight at our date at Pops. I can't wait for tonight, because that's when mostly everything's going to happen!

Just wait, Betty Baby. I'm going to make this the best day of your life.

Betty's Pov

Today is Jug and I's one year anniversary, and I can hardly wait to watch him walk through those doors. I wrote him a letter, got him chocolates and a balloon, and I made him a special picture book of us that I'm gonna give to him at Pop's

I'm standing at my locker with Veronica, talking to her about Rivervixen practice, when she suddenly gasps and says, "Swoon!". she claps her hands excitedly and tilts her head, urging me to turn around and look. I do, and I see Jughead walking through the doors of Riverdale High. He's wearing his usual outfit, signature 'S' t-shirt, flannel tied around his waist, beanie on top of his head. But, today, he has a strut in his step. He's walking into school with a glowing smile on his face which automatically warms my heart, and he's holding something behind his back, trying to hide it so I won't see.

He gets a little closer and our eyes lock with each others. His smile gets ten times wider, and I begin blushing already. He reaches my locker and stops. "Hey, beautiful." he gushes, and I giggle. I love how he gets shy around me and only me. "Happy one year, babygirl." He says and begins to kiss me passionately.

I could die in this kiss. Only his embrace gives me an undescribable feeling, and I love it. I pull away and look back into his gorgeous green eyes. "Happy one year, baby." I smile and blush up at him. I pull out his gift from my locker. I put it in a black gift bag and tied a pink bow onto it at home, which I thought was perfect, because it represented the both of us. I pull out the gift and hand it to him with a big smile on my face.

He then presents to me what he had been holding behind his back. Pink roses and a teddy bear that has a little pink gift bow on it's stomach. Its the most adorable thing ever.

"Jug, you didn't have to go through all that trouble for me." I smile greatfully as I start tearing up. I know it really isn't that big of a deal, but to me, it is. It's from Jughead. He took time out of his life to get me these things, and I love that.

"But I did, Betts. It's our one year and you deserve something special." Jughead replies and takes the present from my hand.

"Open it." I urge, and he smiles as he unties the bow from the handles of the bag and opens it up, seeing the chocolate and the letter. He begins to open the letter, and I stand there and watch his facial expressions as he reads line after line of what ive felt throughout this past year. Once he reaches the end, he looks up at me with tears in his eyes, and I pull the balloon out of my locker, too.

"For you, Juggie. The best thing in my life." I say, holding back tears as I hand him the balloon. It's a light pink and it says 'I love you' in black letters.

HE takes the balloon and smiles warmly. "God, I don't deserve you." he blushes and pulls me in for a hug. "Thank you, Betty, baby." he gushes again, and I smile. "No, thank you, Juggie." I reply and bury my head in his chest.

"Okay, you two are the cutest people ever!" Veronica exclaims behind us, and I blush realizing she just watched this whole thing happen.

"Shhhhh." I shoosh Ronnie and return to my hug with Jughead. Jug chuckles and I giggle a little. Veronica huffs and eventually I hear the click of her Stilettos walk off. Jughead pulls away and holds me gently by my shoulders, looking me in the eyes. "I love you more than words can explain." he says sweetly. "I love you more." I reply in honesty, and he just chuckles and shakes his head.

"Always have to win, don't you, Cooper." he says happily, and I smile and nod. "You already know, Jones." I say.

"Well, here. I want you to wear this today." He smiles and pulls his beanie off his head.

Woah. Is he actually doing this? He hates not having that beanie on, and he's about to risk it for me?

It's the two of us against the world. Always and forever. And I'm most vulnerable when I'm with you. I love you, Betty Cooper, so much that I'm willing to give this to you." he says as he takes it and places it on my head. I smile brightly.

"Juggie, why?" I question as he straightens it out.

"Because, Betty. I think you look better in it than I do. Besides, it shows I really do love you if you're wearing my beanie, and I hate taking it off." he replies and takes a step back to evaluate his look on me. "You, look stunning."

I smile. "So do you." I blush and watch as a blush creeps onto his face. "Oh, just you wait til tonight." Jughead replies as he brings me in for one last hug before the first bell rings and we go our separate ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHHHH I'm back guys!! Sorry I was gone for a while, I kinda got writers block. That, and uh, I didn't have anything to write on. But I'll try and write more often again. I have to say I've missed writing a lot!

Also, I'm sorry for such a crappy chapter. I'm still kind of halfway in writers block. But, I do know that I will be doing a part 2 of this one when they go on their date, so be looking out for that!

As always, if you liked it, please vote, comment, and also share this story if you know any bughead lovers!! Thank you all so much for all of the love on my last story, it truly means a to me. Okay I'm gonna go, because I don't wanna make this too long, but I'll be back with a part 2 soon!!!

Love you guys!