"Juggie..?"

In witch Betty watches Jughead put on his serpent jacket after they almost went all the way for the first time (1x13), but instead of moving on, they argue.

Betty's POV
----------------------

I watch from the doorway fo Jugheads room as Jughead steps outside of his trailer. We were in the middle of a steamy makeout session. We just said 'I love you' to each other for the first time, but we got inturruped. I was standing behind the door to Jugheads room due to I'm just in my bra and jeans.

I noticed the man Jughead was talking to had long shoulder length blonde hair and a long beard. He had a leather jacket on his back. He hands a smaller leather jacket to jughead and my heart breaks a bit.

'Is that a serpent jacket?' I ask myself, but I take deep breaths. He told me he wouldn't join them. He wouldn't lie to me. He probably just took the jacket to give it right back. To not be rude in front of his dad's gang. Good job, Juggie.

But boy was I wrong.

Jugheads POV
----------------------------
I open the door to my trailer to find Tallboy, a guy from my dad's gang, along with a bunch of other serpents behind him. I shake my head in confusion and frustration. They just interrupted something really important.

"Heard your dad could've named names but didnt. Serpents take care of their own. We wanted you to know, no matter what happens to him, however long he's gone, we got your back." Tallboy announces to me. I shrug in confusion.

'What is happening?' I think, until Tallboy extends his arm with a Serpent Jacket on it. Oh no. No no no no no.

I've never wanted to be a part of my dad's gang. They're a gang of drugs and violence and I want nothing to do with that. Sure my dad runs the gang, but that doesn't mean I have to be a part of it.

"This is yours. If you want it." Tallboy announces, basically asking me without asking to grab the leather jacket he was holding in his hands.

I know Betty's watching me. I can't do this. This isn't fair to her. I swore to her that I wouldn't join the serpents.

I look down at the emblem on the back of the leather jacket. Southside Serpents with a green snake. 'Serpents take care of their own' Tallboys words replay in my mind. My dad will probably be gone for a while. What am I supposed to do without my dad?

'No matter what happens to him, how long he's gone, we've got your back' plays in my head.

The serpents are more than just a gang of drugs and violence. They're also protection. Protection of interrogation about the murder of Jason Blossom. Loyalty that no matter what happens to my dad, I'm safe.

Maybe I do need the serpents more than I realize.

I smirk at Tallboy as I take the jacket and put it on. Once it's on, i feel power. I feel like a somebody.

For once in my life, i don't feel like a loner boy. I feel powerful. I feel strength. Almost like I was born to be a part of this gang.

"Juggie?" Betty's angelic voice rings from my bedroom door in the trailer. I jump, slightly startled, forgetting she's there. I look at her, and she gives me a blank stare full of pure confusion and hurt.

I return the look, only less broken and witb more defence. This is my life. I think the serpents are the best option for me at the moment.

"Have a good night, Jug. See us in the next couple of days for initation." Tallboy instructs and he and the group of serpents begin walking away from my trailer. Its just Betty and I now as I walk back into my trailer.

"betts, look." I began as I watch betty storm out of my bedroom in just her bra and underwear. "no, jug, I dont want to hear it" she replies blankly, not even looking me in my eyes. she walks right past me, ignoring me as she does so and walks into the kitchen to grab her clothes.

"I understand that you're upset," I say, but get cut off by Betty. "I'm past upset, jughead! you promised me you wouldn't join them! this is like a stab to my heart and it's like you dont even care!" she says harshly as she reaches down and grabs her light pink sweater, going to put it back on.

"I know, betty but please just listen." I beg. she puts on her pants and once she does she stops and stares blankly at me. "you got 2 minutes. you better impress me, Jug." she says, and I sigh in relief that shes hearing me out.

"I need to be protected. no matter what happens to my dad, there will be people after me. the serpents will take care of me."I explain, and betty rolls her eyes. "are you're saying I cant take care of you?" she asks, her heart broken, and I just want to reach out, hug her, and pet her hair. but I cant.

"I'm not putting you in that position, betty." I tell her, and she crosses her arms over her chest. "oh trust me jughead you've put me in far worst" she says emotionless and I feel a stabbing pain in my heart. shes not wrong. and I know it.

"Betty, please baby." I beg, and she starts heading towards the door. "you told me you weren't gonna join them, jug. you're obviously not a man of your word." she says sadly to me, and i feel tears sting my eyes while watching two escape from hers

shes hurting, and it's all because of me. i  cant do anything about it.

"no, betty, you dont mean that" i tell her, a tear falling onto my cheek. i wipe it away quickly, trying not to seem desperate, but I cant. I am desperate. without betty, I have nothing. and i cant lose her through this.

"no, jughead. i cant believe i ever trusted you in the first place." she says to me harshly, wiping away her own tears as she reaches the door.

"betty I love you!" I shout as she opens the door hurriedly and I know shes no longer listening. she doesn't care about my feelings, but I care about hers. and it truly breaks my heart knowing shes so upset. she walks out and slams the door with a boom behind her.

and I'm left standing there in my gray sweater and pants, tears streaming down my face. I haven't cried this hard in a couple weeks. not since my dad got arrested. but betty was there for me that day, she wiped away my tears and helped me.

she cant help me now. I hurt her and that's the price I have to pay. shes gone, and all I have left are the memories. "DAMN IT!" I shout as I punch a cupboard, leaving a hole.

its official. I'm lost, broken, depressed. and it's all because i chose the serpents over betty.

A/N: (not proofread) i hope you guys enjoyed :) I'm so sorry that it's a fight!! someone requested it and I looked into it! it's kinda crappy at the end but I didnt really know how to finish it. if you have any recommendations for future oneshots please comment them! please vote if you liked it and make sure to share this oneshot book to a oneshot lover :)