The Girl With the Broken Foot

Jugheads Pov

After the crazy year this town has had with the sudden July 4th death of Jason Blossom, the Homecoming Football game is a great opportunity for the town of Riverdale to get back to what it once was. Calm. At peace. "Perfect".

I for one, don't exactly enjoy the presence of Football games. I think they're loud and rough, and too crowded for a guy who enjoys being alone. But I went to the Homecoming Football game this year for 3 reasons.

1. Same as everyone else, try and forget all the bad that's happened this year

2. To watch Archie hopefully not kill himself during his first football game

3. To watch the infamous Betty Cooper perform for her first time ever as a cheerleader

Betty and I have been best friends ever since we were in diapers. I know practically everything about her, and she does about me, too. The one thing she doesn't know about me, is that I actually like her. As in more than friends. I think she's beautiful, and she's so, so talented. What guy wouldn't want her?

But no, most guys just use her. They're all stupid. Each and every one of them. But I hope someday I'll get the chance to be her knight in shining armor. If I somehow get the guts-that is.

The game has been going pretty good so far. Archie hasn't killed himself yet, so you know that's a plus. 10-2, Riverdale Bulldogs winning by 8 points. The crowd won't stop going ballistic. Screaming as loud as their lungs will possibly let them. Holding up signs that range from "GO BULLDOGS" to "R.I.P. Jason Blossom"

Although I hate football games, it is nice to see this crappy little town I've been forced in living into come together in excitement and happiness. It's almost like everyone forgot there was actually bad going on in our town... almost.

"And now, Cheryl Blossom, captain of the Rivervixens and twin brother of the late Jason Blossom, has put together a routine. Please, let's give these Rivervixens a round of applause!" Mayor McCoy announces on the stage alongside Principal Weatherbee.

This is Betty's dance. I move so I'm closer to the wire gates keeping us all off the football field right as I hear "Candy Girl" come on over the loudspeakers. Then, all of the cheerleaders ran out onto the field, blue and gold Pom poms in their hands. And then, I see Betty.

Her blonde curls up in a high ponytail while she wore her short cheerleading outfit and white converse. She looked so cute as she pranced around the field doing the ridiculous dance moves Cheryl thought up, and she lost herself in the beat, just dancing like how her body wanted her to. She was adorable.

Towards the end of the dance, they all came together and started doing stunts. I was fine, because they started on doing other people. First was Cheryl, of course. Then Veronica got lifted into the air, blowing a kiss at Archie. But then, my heart skipped a beat as I watched Betty get lifted up on top of everybody. She smiled and waved with her arms in a high 'V' and then, she was thrown up into the air just like the other girls.

As she came back down to th girls, I could practically hear my heartbeat. I was so scared. And I had good reasoning to be. I mean, I love Betty, but she's not the most graceful human ever. So, as I watch her falling back down to the girls, I imagine only the worst happening.

And I was right. One of the girls hands slipped while catching her, and she fell off to the side of the girls, landing harshly on the ground. I watched carefully, my first instinct being running onto the field if she's hurt, but I stay put for now, not knowing anything. She rose up so she wasn't flat out laying on the ground and clutched her leg, and even though I was far off in the distance, I could tell she wasn't okay.

Bughead Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें