Death Threats

Tw- has mentions of abuse. Please be advised/ don't read if abuse is a touchy subject for you

Betty's Pov

What else can I say? I'm not good enough. I'm never good enough. I wish people could see what they put me through and how I get treated 24/7. I mean. My life's not all bad. I have an amazing friend group and the best boyfriend in the world, but how could I tell them about the bullying?

All the death threats after my dad was announced as the Black Hood. All the hate after I found out I was a cousin to the Blossom family, and my sister dated our cousin without knowing. All the insults I get for the bruises and black eyes I wear from my mom abusing me the night before. It only gets worse and worse.

I can't tell them. I can't have the only people I have left to hate me just like everyone else in this damn world. I have to hold on for them, and they can never know the pure hell I go through on a daily basis. It's better for all of us.

"You okay, babe?" Jughead nudges my arm and gets me out of my trance. I shake my head and look up to see Archie and Veronica staring at me intensely. Like they can see straight through me. Like they know, without me telling them. I have to get out of here.

"Yea I just, really need to go right now." I stammer before shooting up from the table and running inside the school. I think I'm gonna be sick, so I run into the bathroom, and right as I do, I vomit in the toilet.

I'm fine I remind my self over and over.

Death threats mean nothing.

Hate means nothing

Cuts and bruises mean nothing

You're just fine.

Jugheads Pov

"That was weird." I muster out to Archie and Veronica who look at each other concerned.

"Is she always like this bro?" Archie asked.

"Not always, just hasn't really been opening up lately." I reply honestly. And it's true. Lately, after she found out her dad was the black hood, she's kind of been harder to talk to. But I'm not mad, not at all. She's under a lot of stress and pressure right now, it doesn't really surprise me that she's acting different.

I mean, if my dad dressed up in a black ski mask and killed 4 people, I wouldn't know what to think.

"Maybe you should try to talk to her." Veronica says sympathetically.

"I've been trying to, but I'm not gonna make her open up if she doesn't want to. She's going through a lot right now, she doesn't need me barging in and forcing her to talk. For right now, I'm here to listen when she's ready." I reply.

"Oh poor Jughead. You really don't know how to be in a relationship. Betty is going through a lot right now and she's not opening up because she doesn't want you to see her like how everyone else sees her. The daughter of a murderer. You need to let her know you don't think of her that way and have her talk to you." Veronica says matter of fact ly.

"Trust me bro, this is coming from Veronica. You're getting free relationship advice from Veronica Lodge right now. I would take it and run." Archie says jokingly but also serious.

I nod. "Okay, maybe you're right Veronica. I'll talk to her after school." I tell her.

"Of course I am. I'm Veronica Lodge." Veronica responds happily and I roll my eyes.

Betty's Pov

The school day is finally over. God I can't take anymore of this damn school.

I walk over to my locker and I see Jughead in the hallway. "Hey Betts." He says happily, trying to boost my mood.

I don't think I'll ever be happy again. "Hi, jug." I say as plainly as I can as I make my way to my locker and begin putting in the combination.

"So, I was thinking maybe we can go to Pops after school. I really need to talk to you." He says simply, like there isn't danger written all over that sentence.

"I would love to jug, but not today." I say as I open my locker, immediately getting drenched in a pile of notes that weren't here when I opened my locker this morning.

"Woah, what the hell are these?" Jughead asks suspiciously but I already know what they are. Threats. Insults. Teases. You name it, someone probably wrote it and stuck it in my locker.

"Nothing, Jughead, but no pops tonight." I say stressed as I start to pick up the letters without Jughead getting to any.

Too late.

"You're a slut? Die you murderer? Go kill yourself you pig? Betty who did this?" Jughead asks in pure shock.

"I don't know Jughead I really don't know but I would appreciate it if you'll let me pick these up and we'll talk about it later." I say still trying to pick up all the notes. On some I see "idiot, slut, just like your father, go date your cousin, you don't belong, you should just die" the list goes on and on and my eyes begin to well with tears.

"No, Betty we need to talk about this right now." He says grabbing my hands and raising me up so he can look at me.

"What is there to talk about? I'm fine. This happens all the time." I say trying to push away the subject. Jughead was having none of it.

"This happens all the time? Betty why haven't you said anything?!" He asks me in disbelief, confused on why I could keep this a secret from him.

"Because Jughead, in case you haven't noticed, im a wreck!" I sob, not holding back anymore. "I'm not perfect, although I try to be, and everyone can see that! All they see is the bad! They think I'm worthless, a nothing! God, Jug even my mom thinks so! Have you ever wondered why I come to school with cuts and bruises!?" I ask as tears overflow my face and his eyes start to glisten with his own.

"No?" He admits as a single tear falls down his face.

"It's because after my dad, my mom hasn't been handling it well, and she expects even more out of me, and when I don't, she hurts me, Jug." I sob, now making my way into his arms.

He pets my hair and tries his best to calm me down. "Shhh my sweet Betty. It's okay. It's okay I'm here. Nobody's going to hurt you." He whispers sweet nothings into my ear, making me calm down little by little, until I'm just fine again.

"So, listen to me." He pulls apart to look at me, now in control. "We aren't going to principal Watherbees and showing him these. We are reporting your bullying. This ends today, you hear me?" He asks. I giggle ever so slightly and nod.

"As for your living situation, pack your bags, your coming to live with me and my dad." He blurts like it's nothing. I shake my head. "Jughead you're insane." I say.

"No, Betty I'm serious." He replies serious as can be. "Jug, what will your dad say?" I ask.

"Betty you're living in a home where you get abused! No question about it he'll let you stay with us. You're like a daughter to him, he adores you, Betty, and so do I." He smiles , causes me to smile.

"I love you so much, Jughead. Thank you for not treating me like everyone else." I smile warmly at him and he kisses me on the forehead.

"I love you too, Juliet." He replies. We then both grab and handful of notes, and walk hand in hand to principal Weatherbees.

Dang it feels so good to turn over a new leaf.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@Floralemi suggested!! Thank you so much for th suggest. I know this isn't the best chapter, but I hope I brought what you wanted to life!!

Okay I hope you all like this chapter! If you did please please please VOTE and comment a suggestion!! Thank you all so much for all the reads! I love you guys!💖

Alright I'm gonna keep writing!!