The New Girl

B E T T Y C O O P E R

Not even one day at Riverdale High and I can separate the students into their own categories. Popular kids A.K.A kids who would never talk to me. The most popular one being the infamous Jughead Jones who I had heard so much about before even moving to Riverdale. My mom used to live in Riverdale and dated his dad, F.P. Jones when she was in high school. He was hot, just like Jughead, but he broke her heart. My mom's warned me about Jughead, about the Jones family. They are huge flirts, but someone us as Coopers could never date. The Jones boys take advantage of women as innocent as us.

First class of the day and a boy catches my eyes. He has raven black hair with a gray crown beanie on top of it. He's wearing a Southside Serpent jacket with a pair of black skinny jeans. Already, I know this boy is more than trouble, just because of his jacket. But I can't look away. I've never been more in awe with a boy like this before. He stands there talking to a raven haired girl with pearls around her neck and a velvet skirt. She looks extremely wealthy, and it almost makes me question how she's even talking to a boy like that. But then I see the jacket she's wearing. Southside Serpents. They know each other through the serpents. A boy with orange hair stands beside the girl with his arm around her. He's wearing ripped black skinny jeans and a white t shirt and... a Serpent jacket. That's how they're all associated. Through the Serpents.

I watch the boy with raven hair as he smirks at the two. A random girl with red hair that matches the other boy's hair walks up. She flutters her eyes and blushes, and the boy with black hair pushes her away from their group.

"Alright everyone, listen up! I'm Ms.Blossom. How about we all introduce ourselves." The teacher says, and the girl with red hair rolls her eyes. Everyone takes their seats except for the boy closest to the door. He stands up and brushes his sweater off. "Hi, I'm Kevin Keller." the boy says in a proper and polite voice, and I smile thinking he must be the only one with his head on straight here. The girl next to him is a girl with long pink hair. She pushes it to the side and reveals her Serpent jacket. "What up, I'm Toni Topaz, as you all know." She says like it was a huge chore. She sits right back down and then it's the raven haired boys turn.

"Hey, everyone." he starts and I nearly gasp at his voice. It's so deep, so masculine, and I fall in love with it. It's manly, but also has a sweet tone. It's unlike any voice I've ever heard before. "I'm Jughead Jones." he finishes, and I blush like crazy.

THAT'S Jughead Jones!? Crap my mom's right. The Jones boys are crazy flirts. He's so insanely hot, I've never been so mesmerized by a boy. But I can't let these feelings take over me. No way am I letting a Jones boy break my heart.

J U G H E A D J O N E S

The names keep going until they reach the back row. "Hi," a shy girl says, and once I hear the voice, I'm out of my trance of staring at the wall. That voice is angelic. Sounds like it's coming from a perfect girl. I look behind me to see a girl standing in a blue sweater tucked into a white skirt, her hair pulled back into a ponytail. Her smile almost lights up the room, and I smile once I see it. She's the most perfect girl. She looks so innocent, almost an easy target. But I don't want to think of her as a target, I want to take in her beauty, appreciate her personality, respect her love for school and grades and importance for having a good life. "I'm Elizabeth Cooper, but everyone calls me Betty." she smiles as she sits back down.

I turn back to the front immediately. She's so beautiful, so perfect, but I can't do anything about it. We live in two different worlds, it would never work out. I feel my cheeks blush and I don't understand why. She's gorgeous, not like any other girl I've met before. She's the type of girl who would focus on schoolwork instead of chasing after me like all the other girls. I smirk looking down at my desk.

~Time skip~ ~Class is over~

"Jones," Veronica greets me, with Archie following quickly behind her. "You have a crush" she smirks, and I chuckle, laughing it off. "What?" I ask nervously, and Archie smiles. "That Cooper girl! Come on, it's not like we didn't notice you staring her down as she was talking. That glimmer in your eye." Archie points out, and I scoff looking down at the floor. "You smirking at your desk and shaking your head when she finished introducing herself." Veronica points out, and I feel myself blushing again. Everything they're saying is true, and I know that. But I could never be with a girl like her.

"Guys, I can't." I protest, and Veronica shakes her head. "You always go for relationships when girls are all over you. Betty really seems down to earth. She could be your chance at a real relationship." Veronica says, and I shrug. "She's right, bro. You need someone like her." Archie replies. "But, we live in different worlds." I protest once again, and this time it's Archie's turn to shrug. "Ask her on a date, bro." he suggests. "Seriously, Jughead, you should really try. Try to be let into her world, try to understand her. Try to let her into your world. Explain to her what you're all about." Veronica tells me, and I nod.

I look at Archie. "She's gorgeous." I say to him, and he nods. "I've never seen you so happy about a girl before. You deserve this." Archie tells me, and I smile. "Really?" I ask, and both Veronica and Archie nod. "And if she doesn't understand you and your life, if she doesn't accept the way you live, if she doesn't try to come into your life after you became vulnerable enough to invite her, then she's not worth it." Veronica instructs, and Archie nods. "Keep that in mind, Jughead. But you'll never know unless you give her a chance."

"Oh! Here she comes!" Veronica claps as she turns to face the lockers along with Archie. Betty walks by and I walk to catch up with her. I grab her gently by the shoulders to turn her around. "Hi," I smile, and she huffs in annoyance. "Hey?" she asks. "Betty, right?" I ask, and her cheeks turn a light shade of red and she tries her best to hide a small smile. "Yea, that's right." she tells me, and I nod. "I'm," I begin, but I get cut off. "Jughead Jones," she nods. "I know who you are." she explains, and now it's my turn to blush. "Uh, well, Betty," I begin as I scratch the back of my neck as a nervous habit. "I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me?" I ask, and her eyes widen and she again tries to hide her smile.

"Wh- what? Why me?" she asks with wide eyes, and I blush. I wasn't prepared for followup questions. "You kinda caught my eye, Betty Cooper." I explain, and she scoffs. "Impossible. How do I know this isn't a joke?" she questions, and I shrug. I don't know how I can convince her that I'm not joking. "You don't trust that I will take you out to dinner, show you a good time?" I ask her, and she shrugs. "I just have trust issues, is all." She explains, and I nod understandingly. As a Serpent, I have tons of trust issues.

"Well how about this? You meet me at Pop's on Friday at 7pm. If I'm not there, then your point is proven and you don't ever have to trust me again. If I am there, though, which I will be, we will have a good time. Good conversation, good food, and we'll learn about each other. How does that sound?" I ask, and this time she actually smiles at me. "I like it." She says, and I smile at her. "See you on Friday then?" I ask, and she nods.

And that's how the Betty Cooper fiasco starts.

A/N Not proofread. 1554 words counting this part. I hope you guys enjoyed this story. I actually really tried, and I'll be working on a Part 2 here soon. I'd still really appreciate your suggestions for oneshots in the comments, so if you could do that, that'd be amazing. Thank you all so much for the love and support, and I'll write again soon!

Oh also, please don't forget to check out my new book. It's called 18th Birthday and it is a BUGHEAD book for all my bughead lovers! Please so check it out! It will eventually have smut so be prepared for that. Okay that's all I have! Love you all !!