Regular Customer

Ali's POV

I had been working at the Brew for almost a year now. I didn't know why. It wasn't supposed to be a permanent job but somehow I got stuck in there. My boss, Zach was nice. He didn't really care if I came little late to work as long as I did my shift well. He paid well if I stayed overwork.

   So, it was a nice job.

It was my regular Friday shift. I was cleaning the counter and checked the coffee machine still worked. It hadn't been working well lately. Furtively I kept glancing at the customers. Just an old man reading the news paper, a middle aged woman drinking her coffee and looking for something from her purse. Then there was a group of four girls. My eyes lingered  on them.

There was this black haired girl, she was shorter than the rest of them. Then there was this blonde girl, who was actually very pretty, I could tell she was the one of them who was into fashion. The third girl was brunette. She looked pretty uptight at first but the way she laughed and joked with the others proved me wrong.

Then there was her... She had dark brown, wavy hair. She had tanned skin and I could tell she was in very good shape. I had heard her name once: Emily. I didn't know what it was about her, that made me feel the way I felt. It was weird. I had never even talked to her.

I heard someone chuckle somewhere close. I turned to look at a girl standing on the other side of the counter. She was looking at me smiling.

"I'm warning you: care about someone and you're doomed", the girl said raising her eyebrows amused.

I didn't recognize her. She must've been new here. I hadn't noticed her earlier so she must've come in just a few minutes ago.

"I don't care about anyone", I said careful not to show what I was really thinking.

"Sure you do", she said and turned to take the coffee she had ordered. She lowered her voice smirking."Corner booth."

"What are you talking about?" I asked but she was already out of the door.

Of course I knew exactly what she had meant. I turned once again to look at her. Maybe I should be more careful with my staring from now on. Okay, relax, I told to myself and took a deep breath.

"Alison", Zach called me."Wake up. Go check the tables three and five if they need anything."

I gulped. Table three was the corner table. Damn it. I took the notebook from the table and taking a long, deep breath I headed to the girls.

"Hey. Could I get you something?" I asked smiling.

"A latte for me, please", Emily said flashing a gorgeous smile at me. I could've just stood there, staring at her brown eyes forever.

"The same for me", the blonde girl said breaking the spell.

"I could take a coffee", the brunette said which made the others glance at her.

"Spencer, no caffeine for you anymore", Emily said and turned to look at me again."Decaf for her."

"What about you, Aria?" Spencer asked from the black haired girl after rolling her eyes.

"I don't need anything, thanks."

"Okay, I will be right back", I smiled and went back to the counter. I handed the notebook to Zach.

I took care of the other table too but after that I just deepened back in my thoughts. Zach snapped his fingers to make me look at him.

"Seriously, what's up with you nowadays? You've been kinda MIA", he said cleaning a glass on his hand.