Ch. 1 - "Party with me, Ky!"

"Bradley, welcome," Kylan greeted as he stepped aside, "glad you could make it."

Bradley entered the condo, his eyes immediately searching for Ella, "Yea, couldn't refused this invite. Where's Jonah?"

"He's at work, he'll be home in a short while."

"And Ella?"

"Kitchen."

Bradley stormed past him and headed for the kitchen, only to wrap his arms around Ella as if he was seeing her for the first time in months; they had been apart for a day. He twirled her around for a minute before she told him to put her down.

He placed his lips on hers, "I missed you."

"I saw you yesterday before I left," she chuckled, returning to the boiling pasta and cooking steak.

"You're not going to say anything about how I look?"

He had dolled himself up, wore a suit and his hair gelled backwards.

Ella smiled, "You always look handsome to me—"

"Uncle Brad?"

They heard Jacob's voice as he walked into the kitchen with his cup of juice. When Bradley realized it was him, he knelt down, "What's up little man?"

"I didn't know you were coming!"

"I know, I should've told you," he wrapped his arms around him and swung him around, "How you been little man?"

"Really good! My teacher said I've been doing amazing in class."

"I'm proud of you," he set him down to his feet.

Kylan entered the kitchen, wanting some company. He was always dressed elegantly; it was only Ella who was wearing a casual attire, and Kylan was a bit irritated about that.

"I don't even like him," she replied when he asked why.

He poured himself a glass of wine, and handed another to Bradley, who thanked him.

"When do we get to it?"

"Soon," Kylan replied to Jacob, who nodded his head.

"Can I have more juice?"

"Of course you can."

Suddenly, they heard a uproar of footsteps outside their door. Then, the doorknob twisted, and when the door opened, a throng of people stormed inside the condo. They had boxes of liquor, beer, and a bunch of different alcoholic beverage.

Jonah was at the door, a wide smile as he waved them all in, letting his secretary press her lips against his cheek before she entered.

It was everyone from his building who had been invited, and it was no surprise that he had already drank a bit, hence his mind was not exactly logical.

One entered with a large speaker, another with a disco ball, and they began blaring some music, many of them standing on their sofas and a few entering the kitchen and glancing over the food with watery mouths.

Ella furrowed her brows, twirling the pasta and turning the steak, "What's going on?"

"I'm bringing Jacob to the bedroom," Bradley said, grabbing the young boy and sprinting towards the bedroom.

"I'm finishing up here, you go find out what's going on!" Ella screamed over the music that started blaring even louder.

Kylan nodded his head, feeling his rage beginning to rise through his muscles as his place already started becoming trashed. The footsteps from the pile of mud outside was invading his home, and ruining the floors. They were stepping all over the furniture, from the living room table to the couch.