Ch. 24 - "Don't you dare make that face."

Kylan felt quite awkward.

For one, he was stuck in Jonah's office while Jonah quietly worked on different documents, and was in and out. Then he was constantly asked if he was alright by Jonah, who brought random plates of food portions and forced Kylan to eat. Worst of all, Jonah's boyfriend came to visit, which did cause Kylan to feel extremely uncomfortable in their presence.

They had to leave the office to talk privately, since Jonah refused to allow Kylan out of his sight.

When the door closed, Jonah's boyfriend, Lucas, faced him and said, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

They had been dating for about two months, and Lucas was an insecure overprotective boyfriend who was just as handsome as Jonah, with blond hair he always placed in a bun and brown chocolate appealing eyes. They were enough to cause Jonah's heart to jitter just a bit, and enough to make him forget about Kylan for some time.

Seeing his angry stare did annoy Jonah, who rolled his eyes and placed his palms on his waist, "If you came to argue with me, you can leave—"

"You invited your ex to stay with you, the one you can never stop talking about. Now he has to be there at your work?"

"Yes Lucas," Jonah exclaimed, "he just got discharged due to self-harm; he could have died. I'm the one taking care of him."

"Why don't you let his cousin deal with him? What was her name? Lyla?"

"It was Ella, and again, as I explained a thousand fucking times," he stepped towards him menacingly, "she didn't do a good enough job. I don't trust them but I trust myself, so he's staying with me."

"How long is he staying?"

"Until he gets better." When Lucas grimaced, Jonah furrowed his brows, "Don't you dare make that face."

"My fucking boyfriend is living with his ex-boyfriend of six years and I'm supposed to be alright with it—"

"Can you leave? You're annoying me."

"I'm here to talk to you as an adult," he hissed, waving his arms, "and you're going to dismiss me?"

"You're just shouting at me!"

"Because I care about our relationship and we're in a good space right now," he reached forward and gripped Jonah's chest, "and I love you."

Jonah bit his bottom lip, staring into those eyes and it did cause his heart to melt slightly. He lowered his lips and gently pressed them on Lucas's, forgetting that there were other employees around who glanced in their direction.

Jonah sneaked an arm around Lucas's lower back and pressed his body against his. "Can we talk about this when I get home?" he cooed.

Lucas tilted his head, "We can't talk about it in front of him."

"I'll make him a bath and we can talk during that," Jonah smiled weakly, "I promise we'll be fine."

Although Lucas did not entirely believe him, he left the building and Jonah exhaled a sharp breath of relief, sending trembling fingers through his hair and returning inside his office.

Lucas's eyes caused Jonah's heart to jitter, but Kylan's eyes caused it to be overwhelmed with such warmness that he thought he would faint. As if there was an electric shock every time he simply stared at him, and Jonah resisted those urges since cheating was not one of his solutions.

Kylan glanced in his direction, closing the magazine and returning it to its pile on the side, "I've been here for six hours doing nothing."

"You've been reading magazines?" Jonah replied with a frown.