Ch. 25

Lucas was sitting opposite from Kylan.

They were both in Jonah's office, since Lucas omitted having Jonah and Kylan alone by themselves. As his boyfriend, Jonah shrugged his shoulders and said it would not bother him. However, it did bother Kylan, who did not know where to look.

Jonah would frequently exit the office during his work time, and then it would be insanely awkward. Lucas would take those opportunity to make shady comments such as, "Do you have parents?" knowing very well his mother passed and his father did not associate with him any longer.

"How are Jonah's parents?" knowing that Jonah's parents did not like Kylan either.

"How long have you guys been broken up?" reminding Kylan that he was no longer with Jonah, and that Lucas had the priority.

All those comments caused Kylan to lower his gaze and attempt to let them enter one ear and exit the other, but he could not simply ignore them.

He wanted to return home, and after Jonah entered back into the office, Kylan stood to his feet, "I'm going home."

Jonah furrowed his brows, removing his work glasses, "Are you feeling sick?"

"No."

"Are you hungry? I can bring some food—"

"I'm fine."

Jonah stepped towards him, and placed the back of his hand on Kylan's forehead, "Are you upset? You seem upset."

Kylan lowered his eyes, since it would reveal too many emotions. "No, I just...I want to be alone."

Jonah shrugged his shoulders, "Then go to the bathroom, but you're not leaving this building."

"I'll just go back to the condo."

"Then let's go back," Jonah said, placing his glasses on his desk and closing his notebooks. From behind Jonah's back, Lucas rolled his eyes to which Kylan noticed and inhaled sharply.

When Jonah realized that and turned to follow Kylan's gaze, he noticed Lucas glancing elsewhere but had a guilty look on his face. Instantly, his teeth gritted, "What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything—"

"You said something, didn't you," Jonah spat.

"No," Lucas raised his palms defensively, "I didn't."

"Jonah, I'm just going to head back, alright?"

"Lucas what the fuck did you say?" he hissed, ignoring Kylan and slamming his fist against the desk.

Lucas shuddered before stuttering, "I-I just a-asked a couple questions..."

"Questions about what?"

"It doesn't matter what it was, I'm tired anyways."

"Then let's go back Ky," Jonah agreed, grabbing his briefcase and organizing his papers before standing tall. "I'm ready whenever?"

"Sir," the secretary entered the office, "when will you be leaving for your meeting with—"

"Cancel it."

Kylan and Lucas both widened their eyes.

The secretary chuckled in bemusement before saying, "It's with the CEO of Delight Intercoms—"

"I said cancel it," he said comfortably, stepping around his desk and glancing towards Kylan who appeared as confused as the secretary.

Lucas scoffed, "You'd ruin your chances to adding a bigger branch and getting a larger income for your company, for a guy that can't take care of himself?"