Ch. 26

"How dare you?"

Lucas had been pounding on the door at two a.m in the morning, screaming insults that could be heard through the door. Jonah woke up from them, grumbling curses under his breath as he stomped his feet to the front door.

When he opened the door, Lucas barged inside without warning, pushing Jonah aside and pacing for a few seconds before facing him.

Jonah closed the door and yawned, "Lucas, what do you want?"

"How dare you do this to me?" he shouted, the veins forming in his forehead and the puffy red eyes staring at Jonah with hatred and rage. He had been crying, it was noticeable, and Jonah felt guilty. "I've been nothing but good to you, loyal to you, and you promised a life with me. All of a sudden, you just break up with me? Over the phone?"

Jonah shrugged his shoulders, "I'm sorry—"

"You used me to forget about your ex and when he came back, your feelings just went straight back to him."

"I told you I got out of a rough relationship before you asked me out."

"That doesn't mean you can play me like this?"

"I know," Jonah admitted, "I'm sorry."

Kylan was leaning against the closed door from the bedroom, his ear pressed up against it to listen to their conversation.

"You're sorry? That's all you had to say—"

Jonah felt bad about it, and he stepped forward, pressing his palms on Lucas' shoulders, "Let's try to work it out then."

"No," Lucas shook his head and pushed Jonah away from him, "I'm done with you." Lucas stepped around him, "Don't ever contact me again—"

"Lucas," Jonah reached for his wrist and pulled him backwards, forcing him to face Jonah, "stay for a minute."

"I can't believe you'd—"

Jonah leaned forward and suddenly placed his lips on Lucas', causing him to yelp but melt from the endearing loving warm lips that always caused his heart to jitter. Jonah knew it would calm him, and when he pulled apart, he noticed Lucas's jaw slowly relax.

He tightened his lips for a few seconds before saying, "Let's talk."

Kylan inhaled sharply, pressing his ear even harder against the door. He had heard the kiss, and he knew it had happened which caused his heart to pinch itself.

They sat in the kitchen, Jonah making Lucas some tea and handing him his mug before starting the conversation, "How was work today?"

"It was okay," Lucas sniffled, wiping his nose with his sleeve and Jonah handed him a tissue box.

"How long have you been crying babe?"

Kylan felt his muscles tightened at the endearing names.

Lucas shrugged his shoulders, "Ever since you called me."

"It was an impulsive decision," Jonah sighed, "I'm sorry." He was unsure whether he was doing this because he seriously liked him, or he was afraid of seeing Lucas' broken-hearted face.

Lucas shook his head, "Why did you say you wanted to break up?"

Jonah acted clueless, "It was just...I was somewhat upset about what happened at the office."

Kylan knew it was because they had sex without technically cheating on Lucas.

He frowned, "We had arguments before and you never mentioned wanting to break up with me before."

"Again," Jonah smiled sadly, "just impulsive."

"So you didn't do anything with Kylan?"

Jonah paused for a moment, seeing the hopeful gaze behind Lucas' eyes and slowly shook his head, "No, babe."

"Not even a kiss?"

Kylan felt his eyes swell with tears; he had expected Jonah to choose him rather than Lucas.

Jonah shook his head, "Not even a kiss."

"Do you like him?"

"I'll always love him," Jonah admitted, which was the only truth he had said so far, "but you are a big part in my life now."

Lucas nodded his head, wiping his eyes, "I thought you were done with me."

"No, you mean a lot to me Lucas."

"I love you."

"Yea," that was one thing Jonah knew he would feel awful if he said back, hence why he advanced towards Lucas and wrapped his arms around him. He cooed, "I know," and slowly pressed his lips on Lucas, knowing his racing hormones would make him fail to notice that he did not reiterate those words.

When Lucas left, Jonah closed the door and sighed, unsure what he was supposed to do. He had promised a life with Kylan, but Lucas didn't deserve to get hurt. He had jumped into a new relationship hoping that it would help him move on, but he had never expected having Kylan living with him for some time.

One thing was certain, he needed some sleep.

As he pushed open the door, he almost fainted from the sight he saw. Panic settled through his bones, and he found Kylan standing with one of his shaving razors in his palm, and the bandages on the ground. Blood was trickling along his arm, and Jonah's entire face drained of all its colours.