But Fate Happened...

Rather than confidence or seriousness, Kwak Dongyeon's eyes looked at her with tremendous tenderness. Sohyun never saw this version of him before. She never uttered a word and just stood up in a daze and moved out of the crowd. Understanding her intention to speak privately, he followed her to the open space in the terrace. Leaning over the railings on her side, she waited for him. "I'm not 16 anymore...", she spoke through her breath.

"I'm 24 and you're 22... Now, I won't retract back after brushing you slightly like the waves, I'll stick on to you like the beach sand and will always accompany you till the shore..."

"I like your poetry, I'm a fan of your words... but I don't seem to incline towards your content...", she told him bearing a sad smile. "Why is the second chance is very difficult to come by?", she questioned herself.

He inhaled in the city air which didn't seem to give him the freshness. "If we had been honest with our feelings in our past..."

"We would've been the happiest couple in the world...", she completed his sentence.

They smiled at each other at the realization of the time which slipped out of their hands. The bitter feeling between them lost its colour at the heartfelt words.

"Tell me this Sohyun-ah...", his words turned her head, "If you are 16 again, if we went back to the past, with our memories intact... will it be anything different?"

His question got her silence as a reply.

"Did you just realize that it has nothing to do with age or did you just realize that it had everything to do with him?", he gave her a puzzle before taking his leave.

Later that night, on seeing Sohyun coming out of the bath in pyjamas, Yeri who had been restlessly walking around her room waiting for her, crossed her arms and spoke firmly, "Are you really hosting the award show?"

Sohyun hummed saying, "With Heechul sunbaenim and Shin Dongyeop sunbaenim... It's already official!" and took her seat in front of the mirror while gathering the moisturizer. As she applied the lotion on her arms, she saw Yeri's glare through the mirror and smirked at her cute reaction.

Not giving in, Yeri fast paced towards the mirror and leaned on the vanity table blocking the mirror while facing Sohyun. Griping her hold on Sohyun's shoulder, Yeri spoke seriously, "There were articles... about you, being the host of a music award function and about him being in a relationship with a celebrity!"

"So?"

"All that I can do is... show you his girlfriend in the award show... I can't help you to avoid him, this year!", Yeri spoke angrily.

"I can't wait!", she said teasing her.

"You're gonna regret accepting that hosting offer!"

"I'll regret later... It's time to sleep now...", Sohyun while adjusting her pillow on the bed.

"Don't come crying to me!", she warned strongly and went back to her room after slamming the door shut.

The festival night came, the backstage was buzzing with the staff, stylists, makeup artist, the sound engineers and stage directors. Amidst them, Sohyun walked through the hallway gathering her long dress and her MC cards towards the stage. Standing on the stage, she looked at the spectacular view of light sticks held up by fans under the night which beat the stars in the sky.

Holding on to her senses and her MC card, she stood in front of the cheering crowd and the ceremony began. Like the MC card instructed, she introduced BTS. The moment she saw his face on the live monitor waving at the millions of fans who were screaming for him, she realized that he is not her Tae anymore but V of BTS. When even a glance towards his side became difficult, she got enlightened that he didn't just leave her town that night, but he has left her very roots.