The Distance...

Pic Credit: kth95_ksh99 (Instagram account) *Kim Taehyung's and Kim Sohyun's Instagram update for Christmas 2018*

Securing her passport inside her handbag, Sohyun took her seat in waiting area near her boarding gate while her manager went to check in their bags. Placing her arms against the hand rest, she held her phone in her hand and unlocked the screen. With her head bent 60 degrees and eyes glued on to the screen, she smiled on reading Taehyung's text and tapped her thumb against the screen typing the reply. But, halfway through, a call interrupted her unexpectedly. The caller name which existed only in her phone's contact list and never on the contacted list, appeared on the screen. Plugging in her earphone hurriedly, she picked up the call hastily before the call ends. Not sure of how to respond or what honorific should be used to address the person, she hesitantly said, "Anneonghaseyo... (Hello)"

"Sohyun-sshi!", Namjoon's raspy voice sounded. "We heard about your trip to LA!"

"Oh... Dae(yes)", she said waiting to receive their 'All the best or Safe journey', as she could hear his member's rustles.

"Thank goodness! Actually... we couldn't place the order online...", Suga's voice sounded so relieved.

"Thank-", she stopped her thanks in midway on listening to them and asked, "Dae? (what?)"

"So, we need some things to be bought from there-"

She was almost touched upon their call, but a 'meh' face just flashed in front of her upon listening to them, "Huh?"

"We'll send you the list later...", Suga said. "Ah...", Namjoon sounded distracted, "Taehyung-ah!", he shouted, calling out to him.

Confused by the conversations at the other end of the line, she remained silent.

"Hyung!!", Sohyun heard Taehyung exclaiming, who was oblivious about Namjoon's call to Sohyun. Amidst the dilemma if she should hang up or not, she heard Taehyung conversing with members, "Hyung... I'm really worried...". "About Sohyun-sshi?", Namjoon asked him. On taking his silence for a 'yes', Namjoon asked, "Wanna talk to Sohyun?" "I talked with her yesterday, told her about our previous trips to America... She scolded me for talking for hours together and not letting her to pack things..." Namjoon handed over the phone to him saying, "Talk to her then... And tell her our 'all the best and safe journey'!" Sohyun who concluded that she was forgotten, felt like a third, no fourth wheel on listening to their conversation.

Not really taking a look at the phone, Taehyung said, "She might be in the airport, she may on pick u-"

"She is on the line!", Namjoon cut in his sentence and took his leave, leaving Taehyung stunned. He immediately turned the phone up and saw the ongoing call, he immediately rushed to the corner of the room and talked whispering while the other members giggled before exiting the room.

"Sohyun-ah?", Taehyung called her name through the phone.

"Tae?"

Silence filled the gap between the conversations.

"Tae?", she said again.

"Mm?"

"Is your trip with members is confirmed too?"

"Mm", his tone sounded down.

"So, we can't meet even after I come back?"

He remained quiet.

"Shall I extend my trip in LA so that we can meet? It's been almost a month since we met and I can't wait for another 20 days... Nowadays, you're too busy and we can't even be sure of the possibility even if after your trip ends!", she asked eagerly.