Together, but Poles Apart...

As the reflection of LED lights around the vanity mirror glimmered in her eyes, she looked beside her, at the seat which was yet to be filled by her co-MC. After sparing her attention on the empty seat for a second, she shifted her gaze back to her reflection in the mirror. Straightening her back, and lifting her chin slightly up, she checked up on her makeup and hair for a while longer until, she heard her stylist, "Is the time passing away just looking at the mirror?"

Struck at the moment for being caught red handed, Sohyun shook her head in denial.

"Then-", before her stylist could start teasing her, entry of a person into the waiting room shut her words.

"Did you all miss me?", Taehyung asked, as he dashed into the room with brightly lit eyes.

"I heard BTS have separate waiting room...", the stylist added.

"Today I'm a full-time MC and part-time idol... And I clearly see an empty seat beside her reserved just for ME!", he answered with a plastered smile.

Out of the blue, "How far should we go to get a cold coffee?", Sohyun asked her manager and stylist who were the only people with her in the room besides Taehyung.

Understanding where she is hinting at, her manager said, "Mistake, girl... A big mistake!"

"Just felt like having some... to clear my tension...", Sohyun defended.

"To clear the tension?", her stylist asked.

"Absolutely", she answered.

The manager sighed saying, "I shouldn't encourage this... You have 10 minutes..." and made her way out of the room.

"No need to hurry since the coffee is already cold!", Taehyung added the spice.

As they took their leave, Taehyung took his ninja steps towards Sohyun. He stopped behind Sohyun who sat facing the vanity mirror. Holding her bare shoulder, he bent down while leaning forward. With his cheek against her head that was styled in a messy bun, he scanned her reflection which showed her dressed beautifully in high neck halter dress...

"What do you see?", she asked him softly.

"My gorgeous one...", he whispered.

Accustomed to his sweet talks, she responded calmly asking, "What else?"

"My smart one..."

"What else?", she asked waiting for the right answer.

"My angry headstrong girl..."

"Do you notice any changes? Look carefully...", she asked again.

He knitted his brows and strained his eyes trying to notice the changes in her through the reflection in the mirror.

"I cut my fringes...", she said in a low tone.

"Hair?", he puzzled still blinking his eyes at her reflection. Though he couldn't recognise the changes, he said, "That looks really good on you..."

"Don't bluff!", she grimaced.

"Did you notice anything else?", her eyes casted a tinge of sadness.

"What else?", he gave a sly smile asking, "Can my hands do the looking?"

"I'm serious... Don't play jokes..."

"Ok...", he said obediently and asked playfully, "How serious? Is it critical?"

Not pleased with the way he reacted, "See, we are polar opposites...", she said, "Look at us...", she said as her eyes fell on their costumes but hinting at their profession.